FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] Does Towelroot still works on new Note 3 Firmware (N9005XXUGNG1)?

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Cootje_NL, Junior Member on 21st August 2014, 02:00 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Today I received a message that there is an update of my Note 3 firmware here in the Netherlands. I can upgrade to firmware N9005XXUGNG1. Does anybody know if Towelroot will still work on this firmware version?
 
 
21st August 2014, 04:37 PM |#2  
Killberty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 484
 
Donate to Me
More
try it, if it fails, it will not do any harm to your device
21st August 2014, 08:57 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty

try it, if it fails, it will not do any harm to your device

True, but I cannot downgrade and I don't want to loose my rooted apps. I finally have Xposes framework. That rocks!
22nd August 2014, 04:10 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootje_NL

True, but I cannot downgrade and I don't want to loose my rooted apps. I finally have Xposes framework. That rocks!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-knox-t2840150 use this method, im on ng1 and rooted with knox 0x0
25th August 2014, 03:57 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootje_NL

Today I received a message that there is an update of my Note 3 firmware here in the Netherlands. I can upgrade to firmware N9005XXUGNG1. Does anybody know if Towelroot will still work on this firmware version?

Ami I stopped working, seems to be blocking the installation knox and I can not do root D :!

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus91oc

Ami I stopped working, seems to be blocking the installation knox and I can not do root D :!

knox uninstalled from settings, and I could install it: D
28th August 2014, 03:23 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Use mobile Odin so you can Keep root
16th November 2014, 01:36 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I have got firmware N9005XXUENB7 (rooted with towelroot) and want to upgrade to firmware N9005XXUGNG1. I have enabled SurvivalMode in SuperSU and want to make a OTA upgrade.
Will N9005XXUGNG1 be rooted due to SurvivalMode?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n9005xxugng1, towelroot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes