FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Does Towelroot still works on new Note 3 Firmware (N9005XXUGNG1)?

21st August 2014, 02:00 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Today I received a message that there is an update of my Note 3 firmware here in the Netherlands. I can upgrade to firmware N9005XXUGNG1. Does anybody know if Towelroot will still work on this firmware version?

21st August 2014, 04:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 482

More
try it, if it fails, it will not do any harm to your device
21st August 2014, 08:57 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty

try it, if it fails, it will not do any harm to your device

True, but I cannot downgrade and I don't want to loose my rooted apps. I finally have Xposes framework. That rocks!
22nd August 2014, 04:10 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootje_NL

True, but I cannot downgrade and I don't want to loose my rooted apps. I finally have Xposes framework. That rocks!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-knox-t2840150 use this method, im on ng1 and rooted with knox 0x0
25th August 2014, 03:57 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootje_NL

Today I received a message that there is an update of my Note 3 firmware here in the Netherlands. I can upgrade to firmware N9005XXUGNG1. Does anybody know if Towelroot will still work on this firmware version?

Ami I stopped working, seems to be blocking the installation knox and I can not do root D :!

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus91oc

Ami I stopped working, seems to be blocking the installation knox and I can not do root D :!

knox uninstalled from settings, and I could install it: D
28th August 2014, 03:23 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Use mobile Odin so you can Keep root
16th November 2014, 01:36 PM |#7  

More
I have got firmware N9005XXUENB7 (rooted with towelroot) and want to upgrade to firmware N9005XXUGNG1. I have enabled SurvivalMode in SuperSU and want to make a OTA upgrade.
Will N9005XXUGNG1 be rooted due to SurvivalMode?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n9005xxugng1, towelroot
Previous Thread Next Thread