[Q] Latest UK kitkat firmware version?

Search This thread

TankTech 9

Aug 12, 2012
Can anyone tell me if I'm on the latest UK kitkat?

My baseband version is N9005XXUENB5

Buuild Number KOT49H.N9005XXUFNF4

Thanks guys, TankTech 9

thetitanium

UK (EE), UK (H3G), UK (O2), AND UK (Vodafone) have the latest firmware as follows:

BTU - PDA : N9005XXUGNG1
EE - PDA : N9005XXUENB5
H3G - PDA : N9005XXUGNG1
O2 - PDA : N9005XXUGNG1
VODAFONE - PDA : N9005XXUENC2

Hit the thanks button if I was able to help you! :cool:

TankTech 9

Aug 12, 2012
Can I flash any firmware?

UK (EE), UK (H3G), UK (O2), AND UK (Vodafone) have the latest firmware as follows:

BTU - PDA : N9005XXUGNG1
EE - PDA : N9005XXUENB5
H3G - PDA : N9005XXUGNG1
O2 - PDA : N9005XXUGNG1
VODAFONE - PDA : N9005XXUENC2

Hit the thanks button if I was able to help you! :cool:

I am on EE but my phone is unlocked, can I just flash any firmware from another carrier?

thetitanium

I am on EE but my phone is unlocked, can I just flash any firmware from another carrier?

I would advise you to first go to About>>Software Update and check if their is any official firmware for your phone. If there isn't, then proceed to rooting your phone through ODIN and then select your favorite rom from XDA forums and flash it! WELCOME TO XDA ROOTED USERS GROUP! :p

And yeah, you may flash Official firmware but not from other carriers because they have different hardware dependencies.

TankTech 9

Aug 12, 2012
I would advise you to first go to About>>Software Update and check if their is any official firmware for your phone. If there isn't, then proceed to rooting your phone through ODIN and then select your favorite rom from XDA forums and flash it! WELCOME TO XDA ROOTED USERS GROUP! :p

And yeah, you may flash Official firmware but not from other carriers because they have different hardware dependencies.

I forgot to mention that I am already rooted! The only reason why I need to update to the latest version is because my data speeds are terrible. Hopefully, the latest update will fix it.

thetitanium

I forgot to mention that I am already rooted! The only reason why I need to update to the latest version is because my data speeds are terrible. Hopefully, the latest update will fix it.

Bro.... if you're already rooted, then you will no longer be able to flash official OTA updaates that are provided by your carrier. BETTER look out for custom roms.....

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk