Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 45,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to install custom recovery on Note 3

Tip us?

FarDablinG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy [Q] Unable to install custom recovery on Note 3

Hi guys,

Not sure of this wss covered already but i was unable to locate anything that helps

I currently have a Galaxy Note 3 n9005 international LTE version with stock kitkat installed 4.4.2. The phone is rooted which i did upon receiving it and have super user 2.0 installed. i have confirmed root with titanium back.

Now i wanted to try a custom rom and tried to install the new phillz touch recovery but observed that it kept failing in odin (tried several times) i even tried to install a custom recovery via ROM Manager which it said the update was complete but when ever i boot into recovery mode i keep get the stock android recovery.

i have search and cannot find anything that help so here i am.

My Android version N9005XXUENC2 AND Kernel version is 3.4.0-636608 dpi @SWDD5619 #1

From my understanding once u root it should have install a custom recovery. When i got the phone it came with Jelly bean 4.3 and i rooted then updated to kitkat, could this be the issue. Does that mean i have root again?

Any assistance given is greatly appreciated.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
ROM: XXUGMK6 NeatROM v6.1 Aroma (4.3)
Service Provider: Digicel

jaguaralani
Old
Thanks Meter 588

DONATE TO ME
Install CWM 6.0.4.7 by Chinglu via pc odn (tar)
Then if you wantvto change to Philz, install Ohilz (zip) through custom recovery

Sent from my SM-N9005