FORUMS

Time-Lapse with ChronoSnap – XDA App Review

Some of the most interesting pictures are time-lapse animations that capture the … more

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Vodafone UK Note 3 ROM update!

14th July 2014, 02:01 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi all,

I have a Vodafone UK Note 3 (n9005). Is it possible to flash the unbranded ROMs on my phone? I don't want custom ROMs at this point but a regular unbranded ROM with all Samsung stuff is fine. The reason being that the Vodafone ROM does not have updates that enable Ultra Power Saving/Kids mode and the TW is a little different to what I have seen in the unbranded ROMs (Ive compared with Indian ROMS for N900)

Please let me know if there will be any impacts when flashing and any steps I should take while doing it. I am from India if that matters. The phone works with Indian SIM no problem there. Just want to keep it that way.
 
 
15th July 2014, 03:52 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georji

Hi all,

I have a Vodafone UK Note 3 (n9005). Is it possible to flash the unbranded ROMs on my phone? I don't want custom ROMs at this point but a regular unbranded ROM with all Samsung stuff is fine. The reason being that the Vodafone ROM does not have updates that enable Ultra Power Saving/Kids mode and the TW is a little different to what I have seen in the unbranded ROMs (Ive compared with Indian ROMS for N900)

Please let me know if there will be any impacts when flashing and any steps I should take while doing it. I am from India if that matters. The phone works with Indian SIM no problem there. Just want to keep it that way.


anyone?
19th July 2014, 08:19 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georji

anyone?

Come on Guys! Anything will be helpful!
19th July 2014, 08:23 PM |#4  
speedyjay's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Guildford
Thanks Meter: 411
 
More
Course you can, it wont unlock the device but you will be fine

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium App
20th July 2014, 09:28 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Flag Constanta
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Don"t be stupid
COUSIN ROMANIAN ))) NOT EVEN UK update does not have the real KNOIX 2.0 and KIDS protection hwo is talking about this is liar , I HAVE MY N9005 FULL UPDATED EVEN FROM SINGAPORE UPDATE THAT IS THE TRUE FASTER UPDATER TROUGH THE WORLD AND I DON'T HAVE WHAT THEY LIE . ( asa ca lasa-te balta si stai calm ) ca daca faci update nu-i nici bine ... dar nici rau ... ai rabdare ca vin ele update-uile )
20th July 2014, 09:34 PM |#6  
swagatsourav's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
Donate to Me
More
i was on uk voda nc2, updated to UK unbranded BTU NF4. It does have the kids mode and download booster. KNOX 2.0, No UPSM. One more thing, N9000 and N9005 are different.
21st July 2014, 12:38 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
With stock rom doesn't exist ultra power save mode
22nd July 2014, 11:56 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyjay

Course you can, it wont unlock the device but you will be fine

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium App

Mine is already unlocked! Flashing this won't lock it again. Would it?
22nd July 2014, 12:06 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagatsourav

i was on uk voda nc2, updated to UK unbranded BTU NF4. It does have the kids mode and download booster. KNOX 2.0, No UPSM. One more thing, N9000 and N9005 are different.

I know both are different. I am only asking about N9005. Did you notice any improvements after flashing NF4? Battery or performance?

I dont want download booster or knox 2.0 just curious about performance and anything different in UI
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank