Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,458 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Warranty claims and turnaround

Tip us?

richardpwnsner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Warranty claims and turnaround

I recently opened a ticket with Samsung regarding apparent corrosion/flaking under the corner of my screen. Has anyone had any luck getting them to send a replacement before mailing the defective device in? I don't really like the idea of being phone
less for 10 days. I'm assuming they'd need to place a hold on a credit card.

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 898

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardpwnsner View Post
I recently opened a ticket with Samsung regarding apparent corrosion/flaking under the corner of my screen. Has anyone had any luck getting them to send a replacement before mailing the defective device in? I don't really like the idea of being phone
less for 10 days. I'm assuming they'd need to place a hold on a credit card.
Samsung is a multi-billion dollar company. They won't not return your device, ruining their reputation because of this. One Note 3 is mere trash to them. It won't benefit them in any way unlike a typical small company where they can just keep the phone forever.
Problem with ROMs? Try this. Still no? Ask me on Google+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM/Downgradable and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Phone: Note 3 - Rogers SM-N900W8
C-RoM v7.1, Temasek v3.76, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 Modem, KNOX 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)
PA 4.2 Beta 2, TWRP 2.7, Multiboot - UbTouch, Ub13.10, PA, CM11

Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

richardpwnsner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum View Post
Samsung is a multi-billion dollar company. They won't not return your device, ruining their reputation because of this. One Note 3 is mere trash to them. It won't benefit them in any way unlike a typical small company where they can just keep the phone forever.
Sorry if it was unclear--I'm not worried about losing the phone, I'm just reluctant to send it in before I have a replacement given how much I rely on it in my day-to-day life. I was just curious as to whether anyone else had been able to finesse a replacement out of them before sending the defective unit in (presumably by placing a hold on a credit card--I doubt they'd take my word, bond though it may be).

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 898

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sorry if it was unclear--I'm not worried about losing the phone, I'm just reluctant to send it in before I have a replacement given how much I rely on it in my day-to-day life. I was just curious as to whether anyone else had been able to finesse a replacement out of them before sending the defective unit in (presumably by placing a hold on a credit card--I doubt they'd take my word, bond though it may be).
Oh then now I get it.

My carrier issued a substitute while my phone was in repair (It was a Blackberry if I remember) back in the days when I owned an iPhone 4. Samsung won't do this at all costs.
Problem with ROMs? Try this. Still no? Ask me on Google+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM/Downgradable and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Phone: Note 3 - Rogers SM-N900W8
C-RoM v7.1, Temasek v3.76, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 Modem, KNOX 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)
PA 4.2 Beta 2, TWRP 2.7, Multiboot - UbTouch, Ub13.10, PA, CM11

Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

richardpwnsner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum View Post
Oh then now I get it.

My carrier issued a substitute while my phone was in repair (It was a Blackberry if I remember) back in the days when I owned an iPhone 4. Samsung won't do this at all costs.
Yeah, just spoke with them, and they wouldn't budge. Understandable enough. I'm on the T-Mobile jump program, but I'm not sure they'd replace it given that it's apparently a manufacturing defect. I just hope there's no quibbling over whether it's user damage--a quick search yielded several pictures of the exact same problem, but in my case it seems to have eaten out to the bezel.

mdiaz33685
Old
Thanks Meter 424

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah, just spoke with them, and they wouldn't budge. Understandable enough. I'm on the T-Mobile jump program, but I'm not sure they'd replace it given that it's apparently a manufacturing defect. I just hope there's no quibbling over whether it's user damage--a quick search yielded several pictures of the exact same problem, but in my case it seems to have eaten out to the bezel.
if ur on tmobile, this one that I have is my 2nd replacement, not including my original...

call tmobile, and they will send u a replacement 1st, then u send in ur phone in the same box and it has a mailing attachment for u to send it back to them,

all u do is pay $5, because the jump program u pay $10 is also insurance...

call tmobile, not Samsung...
Black - SG Note 3 T-Mo USA - SM-N900T | TWRP 2720 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 | 64gb Samsung | UVUDNF1 & Compulsion 15 | XXUFNG2
White - SG Note 3 T-Mo USA - SM-N900T | TWRP 2720 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 - N900TUVUDNF1 & Compulsion 15
Sprint SG TAB3 7in - SM-T217S | TWRP 2700 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 - T217SVPUBNE7
SG TAB2 10.1 = GT-P5113 < | > SG TAB2 7in GT-P3113 = Not Rooted 4.2.2
My Threads - T-Mo SG Note 3 | SG Note 3 | SG Tab 3 7in T217S | My Stock ODEX Roms and Firmware's Web Site...

richardpwnsner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
if ur on tmobile, this one that I have is my 2nd replacement, not including my original...

call tmobile, and they will send u a replacement 1st, then u send in ur phone in the same box and it has a mailing attachment for u to send it back to them,

all u do is pay $5, because the jump program u pay $10 is also insurance...

call tmobile, not Samsung...
Wow, really? Why did you need to swap it? $5?! That's awesome.

mdiaz33685
Old
Thanks Meter 424

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Wow, really? Why did you need to swap it? $5?! That's awesome.
I installed an efs backup from the playstore, and it eff up my imei, serial # and modem, i couldn't recover from it, so under the warranty plan, to swap out a phone they charge $5..
Black - SG Note 3 T-Mo USA - SM-N900T | TWRP 2720 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 | 64gb Samsung | UVUDNF1 & Compulsion 15 | XXUFNG2
White - SG Note 3 T-Mo USA - SM-N900T | TWRP 2720 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 - N900TUVUDNF1 & Compulsion 15
Sprint SG TAB3 7in - SM-T217S | TWRP 2700 | My Stock Rooted 4.4.2 - T217SVPUBNE7
SG TAB2 10.1 = GT-P5113 < | > SG TAB2 7in GT-P3113 = Not Rooted 4.2.2
My Threads - T-Mo SG Note 3 | SG Note 3 | SG Tab 3 7in T217S | My Stock ODEX Roms and Firmware's Web Site...