Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,538 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wifi Channel Bonding

Tip us?

MystaMagoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Default wifi Channel Bonding

how to do it on our note 3.
is it supported?
SG Note 3

Stock JB 4.3

PlutoDelic
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I dont think u can adjust it, it is rather a configuration from the AP/Wireless Router point of view.

careful where you bond the channels, it is worthless in 2.4ghz (.11n) and only degrades the quality due to the higher interference from co-channels.
channel bonding only makes sense in 5ghz, and 11ac offer a lot more bonding compared to 11n, btw, which one are you using?

MystaMagoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoDelic View Post
I dont think u can adjust it, it is rather a configuration from the AP/Wireless Router point of view.

careful where you bond the channels, it is worthless in 2.4ghz (.11n) and only degrades the quality due to the higher interference from co-channels.
channel bonding only makes sense in 5ghz, and 11ac offer a lot more bonding compared to 11n, btw, which one are you using?
not using any at moment.
friend has a tab3 and I looked up the specs and saw this wifi bonding was one of it's features.
so just wondered if it was a unit specific feature or maybe it is a universal feature?
I understood it to be able to connect to 2 or more wifi's and use the extra capacity,maybe I'm mistaken?
SG Note 3

Stock JB 4.3

PlutoDelic
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystaMagoo View Post
not using any at moment.
friend has a tab3 and I looked up the specs and saw this wifi bonding was one of it's features.
so just wondered if it was a unit specific feature or maybe it is a universal feature?
I understood it to be able to connect to 2 or more wifi's and use the extra capacity,maybe I'm mistaken?
Naah, on wifi, for an AP to radiate signals, it needs to reserve a channel first, 2.4ghz has only 3 separate channels, where as 5ghz has around 30something, if not even more.

Now a single channel, is 20mhz, thats the band-width it uses in the WiFi signal to send and receive, new technology offers bonding two channels together, so it's 20 + 20 hz, meaning more band-width to transmit data, therefore more throughput (dont mix band-width with bandwidth, the one with the dash is literary in its meaning and is more physics)

The Tab 3 has (maybe) two antennas inside, meaning it can have two signals to the router, featuring a more robust signal, which does not necessarily increase bandwidth, but it increases the reliability of the bandwidth.
The Following User Says Thank You to PlutoDelic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]