Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 45,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi Greyed Out After Rooting, Nothing fixes it

Tip us?

dd.deme
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Wifi Greyed Out After Rooting, Nothing fixes it

Hi,
I got a bricked Note 3 SM-N9005 from my brother and managed to make it boot with an OEM FW 4.4.2 from sammobile. Before that, the phone was freezing all the time and with null IMEI / unknown baseband.
Now it boots and was working fine until I tried to root with the Autoroot ODIN flash able file from the forums here.
The phone now boots, and works fine until I connect to wifi. First network that is connected works fine, but if it disconnects or if I try to connect to another, wifi gets greyed out and I'm only able to use it if I do a factory restore. Flashing the OEM rom is not working. I get the same problem.
Any fixes? Thanks

nayanwaghmare
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd.deme View Post
Hi,
I got a bricked Note 3 SM-N9005 from my brother and managed to make it boot with an OEM FW 4.4.2 from sammobile. Before that, the phone was freezing all the time and with null IMEI / unknown baseband.
Now it boots and was working fine until I tried to root with the Autoroot ODIN flash able file from the forums here.
The phone now boots, and works fine until I connect to wifi. First network that is connected works fine, but if it disconnects or if I try to connect to another, wifi gets greyed out and I'm only able to use it if I do a factory restore. Flashing the OEM rom is not working. I get the same problem.
Any fixes? Thanks
im not a pro with any of this but from my knowledge, factory reset ur phone, create back ups if needed. if that doesnt work get the latest firmware like nf4 or ng1 for ur phone which should work. then for root use http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-knox-t2840150 method of just going back to he old kernel which will not allow wifi to turn on so u will need data! READ the OP post. then ur phone should be working fine i hope. this is all i can say as im not any phone guru and just telling all that ik. and ive rooted in that way and am on ng1 with root with knox 0x0.
The Following User Says Thank You to nayanwaghmare For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emiliodeme
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayanwaghmare View Post
im not a pro with any of this but from my knowledge, factory reset ur phone, create back ups if needed. if that doesnt work get the latest firmware like nf4 or ng1 for ur phone which should work. then for root use http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-knox-t2840150 method of just going back to he old kernel which will not allow wifi to turn on so u will need data! READ the OP post. then ur phone should be working fine i hope. this is all i can say as im not any phone guru and just telling all that ik. and ive rooted in that way and am on ng1 with root with knox 0x0.
No luck bud.. Sorry, was worth the try though.. I'm now going to flash Crash ROM to see if any CFW gives me any luck.

nayanwaghmare
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiliodeme View Post
No luck bud.. Sorry, was worth the try though.. I'm now going to flash Crash ROM to see if any CFW gives me any luck.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-wifi-t2819364 try this it may help
The Following User Says Thank You to nayanwaghmare For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emiliodeme
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayanwaghmare View Post
Nothing, I tried all the things that guy did and sent him a PM but he has not answered. I'm willing to ship this phone to a good developer here and pay if necessary.

dd.deme
Old
(Last edited by dd.deme; 26th August 2014 at 09:53 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Found the fix.
Use Root Explorer.

Delete the files below that are inside /data/misc/wifi/

wpa_supplicant (folder)
wpa_supplicant.bak.conf
wpa_supplicant.conf

Go to build.prop press menu and select Text Editor than find this line:

ro.securestorage.support=true

change it to:

ro.securestorage.support=false