T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more
Post Reply

[Q] Wifi Greyed Out After Rooting, Nothing fixes it

OP dd.deme

22nd August 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Hi,
I got a bricked Note 3 SM-N9005 from my brother and managed to make it boot with an OEM FW 4.4.2 from sammobile. Before that, the phone was freezing all the time and with null IMEI / unknown baseband.
Now it boots and was working fine until I tried to root with the Autoroot ODIN flash able file from the forums here.
The phone now boots, and works fine until I connect to wifi. First network that is connected works fine, but if it disconnects or if I try to connect to another, wifi gets greyed out and I'm only able to use it if I do a factory restore. Flashing the OEM rom is not working. I get the same problem.
Any fixes? Thanks
22nd August 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd.deme

Hi,
I got a bricked Note 3 SM-N9005 from my brother and managed to make it boot with an OEM FW 4.4.2 from sammobile. Before that, the phone was freezing all the time and with null IMEI / unknown baseband.
Now it boots and was working fine until I tried to root with the Autoroot ODIN flash able file from the forums here.
The phone now boots, and works fine until I connect to wifi. First network that is connected works fine, but if it disconnects or if I try to connect to another, wifi gets greyed out and I'm only able to use it if I do a factory restore. Flashing the OEM rom is not working. I get the same problem.
Any fixes? Thanks

im not a pro with any of this but from my knowledge, factory reset ur phone, create back ups if needed. if that doesnt work get the latest firmware like nf4 or ng1 for ur phone which should work. then for root use http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-knox-t2840150 method of just going back to he old kernel which will not allow wifi to turn on so u will need data! READ the OP post. then ur phone should be working fine i hope. this is all i can say as im not any phone guru and just telling all that ik. and ive rooted in that way and am on ng1 with root with knox 0x0.
The Following User Says Thank You to nayanwaghmare For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayanwaghmare

im not a pro with any of this but from my knowledge, factory reset ur phone, create back ups if needed. if that doesnt work get the latest firmware like nf4 or ng1 for ur phone which should work. then for root use http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-knox-t2840150 method of just going back to he old kernel which will not allow wifi to turn on so u will need data! READ the OP post. then ur phone should be working fine i hope. this is all i can say as im not any phone guru and just telling all that ik. and ive rooted in that way and am on ng1 with root with knox 0x0.

No luck bud.. Sorry, was worth the try though.. I'm now going to flash Crash ROM to see if any CFW gives me any luck.
22nd August 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiliodeme

No luck bud.. Sorry, was worth the try though.. I'm now going to flash Crash ROM to see if any CFW gives me any luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-wifi-t2819364 try this it may help
The Following User Says Thank You to nayanwaghmare For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayanwaghmare

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-wifi-t2819364 try this it may help

Nothing, I tried all the things that guy did and sent him a PM but he has not answered. I'm willing to ship this phone to a good developer here and pay if necessary.
26th August 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Found the fix.
Use Root Explorer.

Delete the files below that are inside /data/misc/wifi/

wpa_supplicant (folder)
wpa_supplicant.bak.conf
wpa_supplicant.conf

Go to build.prop press menu and select Text Editor than find this line:

ro.securestorage.support=true

change it to:

ro.securestorage.support=false

Save. Reboot, wifi should be fine.
Last edited by dd.deme; 26th August 2014 at 09:53 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, greyed out, problem, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank