Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,727,987 Members 45,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] MultiWindow PLUS - Enable HIDDEN Multiwindow Features

Tip us?

xperiacle
Old
(Last edited by xperiacle; 8th December 2013 at 10:19 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4195
Smile [APP] MultiWindow PLUS - Enable HIDDEN Multiwindow Features

Hello Friends,

Just would like to share this app to easily enable a mod - MultiWindow Plus. Well, the mod could be done manually but it is a lot easier for typical users to use an app to enable the mod or to disable it with a simple click whenever you feel like it. You could download it below or if you feel happy about the app and the mod that it enables then it would help me in further development if you could get it in the PLAY STORE. Otherwise, a simple THANK YOU is enough.

=== DOWNLOAD ===
Download Free Version below (at the end of post)
or
Get Donate Version from the Play Store.

Both versions are the same at the moment, but maybe I will add Multi-Instance feature (launch same app multiple times) and ability to set default Floating Window size to the Donate version in the future.

*************************** REQUIRES ROOT *************************
** IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT ROOT IS, GOOGLE IT FIRST! **
** THIS APP WON'T WORK IF YOUR DEVICE ISN'T ROOTED **
** PLEASE CHECK COMPATIBLE DEVICES BELOW **

=== COMPATIBLE DEVICES ===
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (with Stock ROM)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) (with Stock ROM)

MULTIWINDOW PLUS enables a HIDDEN feature in your device (please check compatible devices above) that adds more functionality to the multiwindow sidebar. At the moment, Samsung multiwindow feature only allows dual view. This app or mod so to speak adds floating, docking and quad view features on the multiwindow tray. I discovered said features while poking into the framework files and have asked some friends to test and it seems to be working.

=== DISCLAIMER ===
This app only enables the hidden feature and has nothing to do with how the said features work. There may be graphical issues or stability issues and that is why Samsung has disabled them in the production version. It also does not guarantee that it will work on your device or ROM due to various reasons. And if it works at the current firmware version, there is no guarantee that it will work on future firmware updates. Please TAKE NOTE of these issues before you proceed.

=== UNINSTALLING APP ===
Please switch OFF or disable the feature within the app before uninstalling the app to restore your device to its original state.

=== CREDITS ===
@and2 and @mscion for testing and giving feedback.

Attached Files
File Type: apk MultiWindowPlus.apk - [Click for QR Code] (238.5 KB, 15626 views)
Floating Window Shortcuts | MY PLAY STORE APPS | If you like my work, please keep me awake - buy me a COFFEE.
The Following 152 Users Say Thank You to xperiacle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

funfun99999
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Thank
Try to download it but get 404 - Not Found
The Following User Says Thank You to funfun99999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

domtra
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Wow very nice!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to domtra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Janker5050
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Works great as most of your stuff does. Its just like launching pen window from The Multi Window BAR or having The 4 window feature from The Tab 10.1 but you CAN do Them both. You my man have made great Tributes To The Note Community. Especially with all the multi windows mods and xposed modules. You deserve a f'n Medal. But anyway I haven't heard from you in a while, how have you been my friend

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Also I'm Using a Verizon Note 3, just forgot To change my signature
Sent from The blazing fast Vzw Note 3. "More of a machine than a phone"
Please hit the little thanks button if i was a help to U!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janker5050 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingwicked
Old
Thanks Meter 358
trying to download getting 404 error file gone ??

By the way excellent work ,thanks a lot
The Following User Says Thank You to kingwicked For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Brandonrz
Old
Thanks Meter 423

DONATE TO ME
@xperiacle, Holly shlt. Nice work man. I sent you a pm.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
No huge sig swag.
Creator of ~NEON ROM~
I like android.
NOTE 3 TEAM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brandonrz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

funfun99999
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Using it on Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) the 4-window donít work. What ever I choose it work only in dockable mod no 4-window mod.

xperiacle
Old
(Last edited by xperiacle; 7th December 2013 at 09:18 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4195
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfun99999 View Post
Using it on Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) the 4-window don’t work. What ever I choose it work only in dockable mod no 4-window mod.
Could you give me a copy of your deodexed FlashBarService.apk, framework2.jar, services.jar and android.policy.jar. I'll try and see what is different.

Just curious, how do you open apps from multiwindow? Do you just click or just drag? Maybe try dragging to different corners.
Floating Window Shortcuts | MY PLAY STORE APPS | If you like my work, please keep me awake - buy me a COFFEE.

micmaccc
Old
Thanks Meter 31
working gud, thx man! :thumbup:

The Beast
regards,

The Beast

funfun99999
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiacle View Post
Could you give me a copy of your deodexed FlashBarService.apk, framework2.jar, services.jar and android.policy.jar. I'll try and see what is different.

Just curious, how do you open apps from multiwindow? Do you just click or just drag? Maybe try dragging to different corners.
Thanks and sorry its works when drag the app to one corner.
my mistake I was just dragging the app but not to the corner.