FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[BOOTANIM] Android L Boot Animation For Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005/N900T)

2nd July 2014, 01:35 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag SC
Thanks Meter: 329

More
I originally posted this over on the forum for the T-Mobile specific version, but there's no reason it wouldn't work on other Note 3's as long as it is rooted and has CWM or TWRP. It is possible to get this to work without a custom recovery (aka w/o flashing) by doing it manually...The phone will still have to be rooted and you will need a file manager capable of root browsing, I prefer ES File Explorer but any would work.
  1. Open the zip file and extract /system/bin/bootanimation and /system/media/bootanimation.zip.
  2. Put bootanimation into /system/bin/ and bootanimation.zip into /system/media.
  3. CHMOD /system/bin/bootanimation to 0755 (-rwxr-xr-x).
  4. Reboot and enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackpot

I whipped up a CWM/TWRP flashable ZIP to enable the Android L boot animation. Flash tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t.zip if you want to leave your current boot sounds, and flash tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t_nosound.zip if you want the script to rename the PowerOn.ogg and PowerOff.ogg.

This script will backup the original /system/bin/bootanimation so you can easily revert the changes.

I tested this on my N900T running EffortLess ROM Rev 6 (NF1) w/ Aurora Kernel, though I'm fairly sure it would work on other ROMs/variations.

Enjoy!

If you would like to reset your boot animation and undo the changes this zip made simply flash the tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t_reset.zip. It will restore the backups it created and remove the files it installed. I would like to know if you're able to get it work on Note 3's other than the SM-N900T I have.

Enjoy!

EDIT I updated the zip files to the latest version that do not have the error issues. Thanks to @Dan-SRi for pointing out the problem!
Last edited by crackpot; 2nd July 2014 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Updated zip file to fix error.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to crackpot For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd July 2014, 02:22 AM |#2  
Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Worked on my N900W8 running alexndr ND6

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd July 2014, 02:53 AM |#3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Works on EchoeRom v14 N9005!😁
2nd July 2014, 10:49 AM |#4  
Flag Dorset
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Installation said it failed, but when rebooting its the android L boot... Has not replaced any sound files... But works thank you

Running multix v1.2 with sneakykat kernel BTW.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404294320955.jpg
Views:	3366
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	2828461  
2nd July 2014, 12:39 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag SC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-SRi

Installation said it failed, but when rebooting its the android L boot... Has not replaced any sound files... But works thank you

Running multix v1.2 with sneakykat kernel BTW.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA mobile app

I think I may have uploaded the wrong zip, that was one of my early attempts. I'll update the zips when I get to work.

This will not change your boot/shutdown sounds. The _nosound zip will just rename them so they won't play.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd July 2014, 05:54 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag SC

More
I updated the attachments on the first post to the latest version which does not cause any errors when flashing.
2nd July 2014, 08:55 PM |#7  
Flag Dortmund - Germany
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Animation worked at CivZ_FlexKat_Rev4.0-SM_N9005-4.4.2_signed Rom

But sound is stock Samsung Sound.

Good work. Respect
2nd July 2014, 09:29 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag SC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuzfelder

Animation worked at CivZ_FlexKat_Rev4.0-SM_N9005-4.4.2_signed Rom

But sound is stock Samsung Sound.

Good work. Respect

Yes, I know its the stock sound. To my knowledge the Android L boot animation does not have sounds. I'll see if I can find some and add them to the zip. If you would prefer no sound try the _nosound zip file. It renames the power on/down sounds so they won't be played.
3rd July 2014, 12:58 AM |#9  
Flag jakarta
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
work great.. thank
4th July 2014, 03:34 PM |#10  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 690

Donate to Me
More
Work great on stock s5 port