[BOOTANIM] Android L Boot Animation For Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005/N900T)

Search This thread

crackpot

Oct 25, 2009
SC
crackpot.ws
I originally posted this over on the forum for the T-Mobile specific version, but there's no reason it wouldn't work on other Note 3's as long as it is rooted and has CWM or TWRP. It is possible to get this to work without a custom recovery (aka w/o flashing) by doing it manually...The phone will still have to be rooted and you will need a file manager capable of root browsing, I prefer ES File Explorer but any would work.

1. Open the zip file and extract /system/bin/bootanimation and /system/media/bootanimation.zip.
  2. Put bootanimation into /system/bin/ and bootanimation.zip into /system/media.
  3. CHMOD /system/bin/bootanimation to 0755 (-rwxr-xr-x).
  4. Reboot and enjoy!

I whipped up a CWM/TWRP flashable ZIP to enable the Android L boot animation. Flash tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t.zip if you want to leave your current boot sounds, and flash tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t_nosound.zip if you want the script to rename the PowerOn.ogg and PowerOff.ogg.

This script will backup the original /system/bin/bootanimation so you can easily revert the changes.

I tested this on my N900T running EffortLess ROM Rev 6 (NF1) w/ Aurora Kernel, though I'm fairly sure it would work on other ROMs/variations.

Enjoy!

If you would like to reset your boot animation and undo the changes this zip made simply flash the tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t_reset.zip. It will restore the backups it created and remove the files it installed. I would like to know if you're able to get it work on Note 3's other than the SM-N900T I have.

Enjoy!

EDIT I updated the zip files to the latest version that do not have the error issues. Thanks to @Dan-SRi for pointing out the problem!

Attachments

• tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t_nosound.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,324
  • tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t_reset.zip
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,679
  • tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,496
Last edited:

beng2k

Jun 20, 2007
Worked on my N900W8 running alexndr ND6

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Dan-SRi

Aug 16, 2010
Dorset
Installation said it failed, but when rebooting its the android L boot... Has not replaced any sound files... But works thank you :)

Running multix v1.2 with sneakykat kernel BTW.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA mobile app

Attachments

• 1404294320955.jpg
    1404294320955.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 3,823

crackpot

Oct 25, 2009
SC
crackpot.ws
Installation said it failed, but when rebooting its the android L boot... Has not replaced any sound files... But works thank you :)

Running multix v1.2 with sneakykat kernel BTW.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA mobile app

I think I may have uploaded the wrong zip, that was one of my early attempts. I'll update the zips when I get to work.

This will not change your boot/shutdown sounds. The _nosound zip will just rename them so they won't play.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

crackpot

Oct 25, 2009
SC
crackpot.ws
Animation worked at CivZ_FlexKat_Rev4.0-SM_N9005-4.4.2_signed Rom

But sound is stock Samsung Sound.

Good work. Respect :)

Yes, I know its the stock sound. To my knowledge the Android L boot animation does not have sounds. I'll see if I can find some and add them to the zip. If you would prefer no sound try the _nosound zip file. It renames the power on/down sounds so they won't be played.

cooper5005

Jan 2, 2012
I just get a blank screen on boot now running cyanogenmod 11, Note 3 N9005

EDIT: All working, Love it. Thanks

Last edited:

jrbxx7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 18, 2011
Working great on my VZW n3. Thanks!

TaPpEd from my XpOsEd 4.4.2 NIII

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I originally posted this over on the forum for the T-Mobile specific version, but there's no reason it wouldn't work on other Note 3's as long as it is rooted and has CWM or TWRP. It is possible to get this to work without a custom recovery (aka w/o flashing) by doing it manually...The phone will still have to be rooted and you will need a file manager capable of root browsing, I prefer ES File Explorer but any would work.

1. Open the zip file and extract /system/bin/bootanimation and /system/media/bootanimation.zip.
    2. Put bootanimation into /system/bin/ and bootanimation.zip into /system/media.
    3. CHMOD /system/bin/bootanimation to 0755 (-rwxr-xr-x).
    4. Reboot and enjoy!

I whipped up a CWM/TWRP flashable ZIP to enable the Android L boot animation. Flash tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t.zip if you want to leave your current boot sounds, and flash tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t_nosound.zip if you want the script to rename the PowerOn.ogg and PowerOff.ogg.

This script will backup the original /system/bin/bootanimation so you can easily revert the changes.

I tested this on my N900T running EffortLess ROM Rev 6 (NF1) w/ Aurora Kernel, though I'm fairly sure it would work on other ROMs/variations.

Enjoy!

If you would like to reset your boot animation and undo the changes this zip made simply flash the tmo_kk_androidl_bootanim_n900t_reset.zip. It will restore the backups it created and remove the files it installed. I would like to know if you're able to get it work on Note 3's other than the SM-N900T I have.

Enjoy!

EDIT I updated the zip files to the latest version that do not have the error issues. Thanks to @Dan-SRi for pointing out the problem!
    Anyone try this on a Sprint Note 3?
    FINALLY

I made it :)

Special thanks to XDA Recognized Developer despotovski01
    Watch it here-
    http://youtu.be/jihxMLJAZDI

&

It can be downloaded from here-
    Rar5 Archive-
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2888085&stc=1&d=1407409432
    Zip archive-
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2888639&stc=1&d=1407438804