ROM: Stock odexed ROM-rooted,
@kenet for Activating Ink effect with fingers (4.3)
Their might be other ways to implement it. but I am writing the steps which I have followed.
1. Windows PC.
2. JRE installed.
3. Download aapt.exe here, apktool.jar here, baksmali.jar and smali.jar files here.
So here is the step by step guide on how to do it.
1. copy framework folder (/system/framework) from your Note 3 to the folder (say, C:\apktool\system\framework) in your PC.
2. copy the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex and com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar from Framework folder to aoktool folder (C:\apktool), now baksmali the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex present in C:\apktool folder using the command
java -jar baksmali.jar -d C:\apktool\system\framework -x com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex
-d path of directory where framework files are placed.
-x target .odex file (in our case it's com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex)3. once command is completed, you will see a folder named out .
4. Navigate to C:\apktool\out\com\sec\android\visualeffect\ripple ink, and open the file RippleInkRenderer$DVFSHandlerForRipple.smali.
5. Open the file and search for const/16 v9, 0x4002
const/16 v9, 0x4002
if-ne v8, v9, :cond_ca
const/16 v9, 0x4002
if-ne v9, v9, :cond_ca
java -jar smali.jar -o classes.dex out
-o the name of newly created .dex file.
out is the folder name.8. Once you see the classes.dex file in the folder, then push this .dex file into com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar file using the command
aapt add com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar classes.dex
Restart the phone, and you should be able to use ink effect with fingers.
10. If you want to create the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex file from the com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar file then their are few more steps, which involves busybox, but this jar will work fine, please delete or remove the com.sec.android.visualeffect.odex file from the framework folder and keep only com.sec.android.visualeffect.jar, because this jar is deodexed and working fine for me.
P.S: This will not work if you have changed the ro.product.name or ro.product.device in build.prop
As i have told that I am new here and I don't know how to make an Xposed module.
Can anybody make an Xposed module for this and give credit?
For enabling Light/Lens Flare effect or Particle effect on Lockscreen, please check out here.