FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

[Q] Are Samsung insane with white UI on an AMOLED screen?

231 posts
Thanks Meter: 94
 
By sirobelec, Senior Member on 12th January 2015, 09:58 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My god, even the leaked Lollipop beta is insanely fast (for TouchWiz, anyway xD).

But that UI color scheme is making me consider poking my eyes out.
Bright f***ing green/cyan and goddamn white in the dialer and the settings! What the s**t, Samsung?!? Let's not mention how much AMOLEDs can suffer when showing white for a prolonged time...

Learning to code or theme will take me months I don't have (unless I'm just dumb and it is actually a lot easier than that and will get flamed for being yet another damn n00b), but is there any easy way to theme the leaked Lollipop build in darker colors that don't gouge out the eyes?
 
 
12th January 2015, 02:41 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirobelec

My god, even the leaked Lollipop beta is insanely fast (for TouchWiz, anyway xD).

But that UI color scheme is making me consider poking my eyes out.
Bright f***ing green/cyan and goddamn white in the dialer and the settings! What the s**t, Samsung?!? Let's not mention how much AMOLEDs can suffer when showing white for a prolonged time...

Learning to code or theme will take me months I don't have (unless I'm just dumb and it is actually a lot easier than that and will get flamed for being yet another damn n00b), but is there any easy way to theme the leaked Lollipop build in darker colors that don't gouge out the eyes?

One possibility is to invert the screen with root and the matching app. Have a look at the Play Store for that.
But to stay at your basic question. I also thought that, after installing Lollipop. Everything very bright and things. I thought my battery life would be very ugly, especially in comparison to CM, which I had as a previous ROM on my device. As a matter of fact, reality proved me wrong. Battery life is insane. Nearly two days under medium to heavy usage. That's okay. And to have some words about the AMOLED lifetime thingy... Maybe - and only maybe - the lifetime of single AMOLEDs will decrease, but that's the same your battery lifetime would decrease. Sooner or later your battery will die and so will your display. But neither in the period you have your phone, nor in a maybe following period of second possession. So don't waste your time thinking about that.

BTW you also don't have settings, phone app,... open and the screen on the whole day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Silberpfeil3110 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2015, 02:57 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silberpfeil3110

One possibility is to invert the screen with root and the matching app. Have a look at the Play Store for that.
But to stay at your basic question. I also thought that, after installing Lollipop. Everything very bright and things. I thought my battery life would be very ugly, especially in comparison to CM, which I had as a previous ROM on my device. As a matter of fact, reality proved me wrong. Battery life is insane. Nearly two days under medium to heavy usage. That's okay. And to have some words about the AMOLED lifetime thingy... Maybe - and only maybe - the lifetime of single AMOLEDs will decrease, but that's the same your battery lifetime would decrease. Sooner or later your battery will die and so will your display. But neither in the period you have your phone, nor in a maybe following period of second possession. So don't waste your time thinking about that.

BTW you also don't have settings, phone app,... open and the screen on the whole day.

It's still annoying. xD The phone looks like a control panel from some spaceship, but you turn it on, and all that green s**t hits you right in the optic nerve.
I know, I gotta be patient if I can't code, but still... xD

So you say an app can enforce the inverted colors on per app basis?
12th January 2015, 03:04 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirobelec

It's still annoying. xD The phone looks like a control panel from some spaceship, but you turn it on, and all that green s**t hits you right in the optic nerve.
I know, I gotta be patient if I can't code, but still... xD

So you say an app can enforce the inverted colors on per app basis?

As far as I know there are no apps, that would do that on a per-app basis. Only those that do it overall the whole OS, like it was implemented for some time in Gingerbread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Silberpfeil3110 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2015, 03:43 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
Donate to Me
More
am not really bothered about the white background considering how much little time I spend in it.
Last edited by martinkem; 23rd January 2015 at 12:15 AM.
13th January 2015, 05:20 AM |#6  
Infinity123's Avatar
Member
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
You dont need root for inverted colors.... just go to setting/device/accessibility/vision and tick negative colors.
Done!
13th January 2015, 07:44 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Lecco
Thanks Meter: 93
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirobelec

My god, even the leaked Lollipop beta is insanely fast (for TouchWiz, anyway xD).

But that UI color scheme is making me consider poking my eyes out.
Bright f***ing green/cyan and goddamn white in the dialer and the settings! What the s**t, Samsung?!? Let's not mention how much AMOLEDs can suffer when showing white for a prolonged time...

Learning to code or theme will take me months I don't have (unless I'm just dumb and it is actually a lot easier than that and will get flamed for being yet another damn n00b), but is there any easy way to theme the leaked Lollipop build in darker colors that don't gouge out the eyes?

I think you have to ask it to Google.
Lollipop has been made white, Samsung is forced by user (that will complain for the "too-much-white" and also for the "white-is-better-so-i'm-not-buying") to implement it as-google-told...
The Following User Says Thank You to andreacorti For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes