Case + Notebook + Pen Slot?

OP dearsergio

26th August 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Santa Rita
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
More
Did a quick search and didn't find what I was looking for.

I'm in the Navy and I keep PDFs of all important instructions on my Note 8. I use it all the time at work. I go to a lot of meetings and take notes on a regular 5.5 x 8 inch notepad, I have sticky notes, highliters, and an assortment of pens with me. Im looking for a case that will hold my Note 8 on one side, my notepad on the other side, ans still have slots for pens.

When I first got this I ordered what I thought was exactly what I described above on Amazon. When I got it, turns out the dimensions weren't exactly accurate . It's simply too big to walk around with all day. It's more of what I'd picture an art student would carry around.

I'm looking for something compact, not much bigger than the Tablet itself but with room on the opposite side for a notepad and slots for pens.

Im kicking around a few ideas on Amazon but im afraid to order without the opinion of someone who owns and uses one with the Note 8, in fear of another poor purchase.

Thanks everyone!!
11th September 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Louisville

3 posts
More
I've been using one of the green "leader book" holders from Rite in the Rain for a little while now; item number C9200A. It's not perfect, and I haven't figured out a way to keep the Note 8 really secured in the binder itself, but there are several pen slots which are big enough to hold a highligher/sharpie/etc, and a few other slots and pockets for smart cards or anything else. And the dimensions are perfect for holding the tablet.

The ones we get from supply (I'm Army btw), come with a packet of inserts that has graphed notebook paper, and fillable pages for things like a 9-line MEDEVAC request, call for fire request, unexploded ordinance, and others. Some of it might be Army specific, but I'm sure you could find it useful too

Anyway, I've been in the same boat as you for awhile, and besides finding some "tactical" (lol) iPad Mini cases/binders, I haven't been able to find much. Let me know if you find something better!
13th September 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Santa Rita

22 posts
More
http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Samsun...case+executive

This is one other I was looking at, but it doesn't look like it has any room for a notebook. We don't have a supply! But I'll look into what you posted and keep on looking for something. Right now I got a nylon foldable case from the Chaplains that's working well, but having the same problem as the tablet not being totally secure.

Also, it's big!

Thanks for the input!
16th September 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #4  
Flag Fountain Hills, AZ
Thanks Meter: 24

246 posts
More
I use this one. I don't use the planner, but the notepad on top. I then insert the tablet into the pouch below.

(not red, but brown)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread