Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] slow charging more than 12 hrs to fully charge...

OP luemas

12th August 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi,
I have a charging problem with my note8, this is my 1st time, til when I buy my note8 last january ... last day I plug in to a walloutlet and then I leave an hr, instead of battery increasing no, the battery is decreasing to fast drain... and now I try to reset to default and nothing is changes slow charging till now it takes 12 to 15 hrs to fully charge.. so sad, what can I do for these charging problem of my note 8. Please help thanks...
Last edited by luemas; 12th August 2014 at 02:53 PM.
13th August 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luemas

Hi,
I have a charging problem with my note8, this is my 1st time, til when I buy my note8 last january ... last day I plug in to a walloutlet and then I leave an hr, instead of battery increasing no, the battery is decreasing to fast drain... and now I try to reset to default and nothing is changes slow charging till now it takes 12 to 15 hrs to fully charge.. so sad, what can I do for these charging problem of my note 8. Please help thanks...

same problem with me
some guys advised me to re calibrate my battery but i didn't try this yet
google android battery calibration for more information you will find several ways to do that
some people also told me that this might be charging socket problem
samsung is very bad with battery and charging things
28th August 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 77

385 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luemas

Hi,

You should be asking in the Q&A section for quicker answers.

I have posted a thread on such issues... Cable is the primary issue.

I never turn off my tablet to charge or store. Hibernation mode will last me days when not in use. Seems that more are having issues with charging while the tablet is off, but even when on such issues arise.

I don't recommend calibration as it never proves to be a permanent fix, and google does not recommend such apps.

If rooted, you can run exposed framework and load DVFS disable by Wanam. Samsung DVFS messes with Androids battery stats database. The only fix is to disable it through an app.

If you have Wanam Exposed, the same dis-abler is available within the advanced settings.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread