[My solution] GT-N5110 wifi dropping

OP mikaeldyreborg

11th September 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

4 posts
I had a very strange wifi problem with my GT-N5110 and it went on for months. I'm running 4.4.2 .
Symptoms: whenever my battery level dropped below 70% my wifi connection would become unstable, regardless og which wifi network I connected to and regardless of powersettings etc. The behaviour was, that it would be connected for up to 20 seconds and then spontanously disconnect. It would automatically reconnect when entering the wifi settings menu. When I charged the battery to 70% or above, wifi would function normaly.

The way I fixed it was to uninstall an update for the Allshare cast dongle (I belive that's the way it was called) and reset the version back to the factory version, immidiately after the uninstallation wifi came back on (at battey level 52%) and have been fast and stable ever since. I hope that this will be usefull for someone if they have the same problem, and I apologize if this is posted in the wrong session of the forum.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikaeldyreborg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread