Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,262 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

connect to internet

Tip us?

h.eftekhar.m
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default connect to internet

Hi
for connecting to internet I must use wifipppoe app.this app works on my galaxy ace perfectly but doesn't work on note 8 (n5100)(4.1 and 4.4)
I tried other apps but didn't solve my problem.

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.eftekhar.m View Post
Hi
for connecting to internet I must use wifi pppoe app.this app works on my galaxy ace perfectly but doesn't work on note 8 (n5100)(4.1 and 4.4)
I tried other apps but didn't solve my problem.

Is this with all Wifi connex or just at home?

If it is a home issue, there are a few tricks that can be done to your Wifi router or extender.

I had posted a good deal of info in the Note 8.0 General section about home Wifi connex issues with the Note 8.0.

I suggest using Insider 2.0 to scan your area for Wifi connection points. Identify your network and take note if your connex has any drops (the graph should stay stable within .5 db on its peaks. Mine did not until I corrected the issue with its setup. In fact most all home wifi connection points around me are very unstable, mostly do to the same reason and their channels are too close to each other as well.

You can search for my threads.

Hope it works for you, as there has not been a single instance of hot spot connections yet that I have needed to use a 3rd party app for wifi connectivity, once I properly setup my router at home.

I was going to use an app to allow hidden SID connectivity, but I realized my router sends extra packets, which can slow max speeds and the hidden SID is easily sniffed by hackers. So I did not bother keeping hidden SID on my network.
GT-N5110 - Saferooted Stock 4.2.2
OTA - Kies Enabled
Xposed Framework
Wanam Xposed
Download to SD Xposed
633x 64GB SD
Multi User @ 4 / WIFI JP 14 / DPI @ 213 in build.prop
360 Security
Greenify & Experimental Features
Play Music frozen & Gallery thumbnail caching disabled
8+ hrs run time
12% per hr Netflix streaming with Miracast
3% drain on 12 hrs of standby WIFI on & Sync enabled
1080p 30fps MHL - Native
3D 1080p Miracast - Secondscreen app
500MB Standby / Wake
750MB average
The Following User Says Thank You to gooberdude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]