connect to internet

20th July 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi
for connecting to internet I must use wifipppoe app.this app works on my galaxy ace perfectly but doesn't work on note 8 (n5100)(4.1 and 4.4)
I tried other apps but didn't solve my problem.
21st July 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 69

347 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.eftekhar.m

Hi
for connecting to internet I must use wifi pppoe app.this app works on my galaxy ace perfectly but doesn't work on note 8 (n5100)(4.1 and 4.4)
I tried other apps but didn't solve my problem.

Is this with all Wifi connex or just at home?

If it is a home issue, there are a few tricks that can be done to your Wifi router or extender.

I had posted a good deal of info in the Note 8.0 General section about home Wifi connex issues with the Note 8.0.

I suggest using Insider 2.0 to scan your area for Wifi connection points. Identify your network and take note if your connex has any drops (the graph should stay stable within .5 db on its peaks. Mine did not until I corrected the issue with its setup. In fact most all home wifi connection points around me are very unstable, mostly do to the same reason and their channels are too close to each other as well.

You can search for my threads.

Hope it works for you, as there has not been a single instance of hot spot connections yet that I have needed to use a 3rd party app for wifi connectivity, once I properly setup my router at home.

I was going to use an app to allow hidden SID connectivity, but I realized my router sends extra packets, which can slow max speeds and the hidden SID is easily sniffed by hackers. So I did not bother keeping hidden SID on my network.
The Following User Says Thank You to gooberdude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread