Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more
Post Reply

GT-N5120 (Note 8.0 LTE) How to root after ota 4.4.2 kit kat update?

OP pandabamboo

25th September 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #11  
It's just a warning pal I rooted fine from 4.4.2 with chainfire autorotate it's just a precaution before proceeding as with any flashing procedure it contains a risk of bricking

Sent from my GT-I9505
25th September 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #12  
CCallahan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 671
 
1,959 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by beniboy86

Thanks for your response. I have only one corcern left. In the link you posted, on top of the table of CF-Auto-root, it mentions that if the bootloader is locked this might brick the device! How can I make sure that my bootloader is unlocked prior to start rooting.
Previuosly, I had my note 8 rooted with CF auto root via odine when it was on jelly bean 4.1.2. Does this mean that it is safe to root it again with new CF auto root for 4.4.2?

How did you update to 4.4.2? Rom flash or OTA? Did you manually update the bootloader?

As far as I know Samsung doesn't usually lock bootloaders unless it is carrier dictated. It is usually common on HTC and Moto devices.

Better to be safe than sorry though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Last edited by CCallahan; 25th September 2014 at 11:16 PM.
26th September 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan

How did you update to 4.4.2? Rom flash or OTA? Did you manually update the bootloader?

As far as I know Samsung doesn't usually lock bootloaders unless it is carrier dictated. It is usually common on HTC and Moto devices.

Better to be safe than sorry though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I updated to 4.4.2 via Kies with samsung's released firmware. I havent done any other flashing apart from this. So, I suppose rooting must be fine, right?
26th September 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #14  
CCallahan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 671
 
1,959 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by beniboy86

I updated to 4.4.2 via Kies with samsung's released firmware. I havent done any other flashing apart from this. So, I suppose rooting must be fine, right?

Sorry but I can't/won't confirm whether or not that particular model is safe to root after 4.4.2 upgrade. Maybe someone with more knowledge on that version can chime in. I wouldn't think it would be an issue but don't want to steer you wrong. The bootloader could be locked.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Last edited by CCallahan; 26th September 2014 at 01:40 AM.
26th September 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan

Sorry but I can't/won't confirm whether or not that particular model is safe to root after 4.4.2 upgrade. Maybe someone with more knowledge on that version can chime in. I wouldn't think it would be an issue but don't want to steer you wrong. The bootloader could be locked.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

thanks, I will dig in more on this and will post here if I find something useful.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes