Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

GT-N5120 (Note 8.0 LTE) How to root after ota 4.4.2 kit kat update?

OP pandabamboo

25th September 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #11  
It's just a warning pal I rooted fine from 4.4.2 with chainfire autorotate it's just a precaution before proceeding as with any flashing procedure it contains a risk of bricking

Sent from my GT-I9505
25th September 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #12  
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 671

1,959 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beniboy86

Thanks for your response. I have only one corcern left. In the link you posted, on top of the table of CF-Auto-root, it mentions that if the bootloader is locked this might brick the device! How can I make sure that my bootloader is unlocked prior to start rooting.
Previuosly, I had my note 8 rooted with CF auto root via odine when it was on jelly bean 4.1.2. Does this mean that it is safe to root it again with new CF auto root for 4.4.2?

How did you update to 4.4.2? Rom flash or OTA? Did you manually update the bootloader?

As far as I know Samsung doesn't usually lock bootloaders unless it is carrier dictated. It is usually common on HTC and Moto devices.

Better to be safe than sorry though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Last edited by CCallahan; 25th September 2014 at 11:16 PM.
26th September 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan

How did you update to 4.4.2? Rom flash or OTA? Did you manually update the bootloader?

As far as I know Samsung doesn't usually lock bootloaders unless it is carrier dictated. It is usually common on HTC and Moto devices.

Better to be safe than sorry though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I updated to 4.4.2 via Kies with samsung's released firmware. I havent done any other flashing apart from this. So, I suppose rooting must be fine, right?
26th September 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #14  
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 671

1,959 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beniboy86

I updated to 4.4.2 via Kies with samsung's released firmware. I havent done any other flashing apart from this. So, I suppose rooting must be fine, right?

Sorry but I can't/won't confirm whether or not that particular model is safe to root after 4.4.2 upgrade. Maybe someone with more knowledge on that version can chime in. I wouldn't think it would be an issue but don't want to steer you wrong. The bootloader could be locked.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Last edited by CCallahan; 26th September 2014 at 01:40 AM.
26th September 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan

Sorry but I can't/won't confirm whether or not that particular model is safe to root after 4.4.2 upgrade. Maybe someone with more knowledge on that version can chime in. I wouldn't think it would be an issue but don't want to steer you wrong. The bootloader could be locked.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

thanks, I will dig in more on this and will post here if I find something useful.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread