Tip us?

Geckodudes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question [Q] Help Please! Won't Boot After Upgrade,

Hi!

So to give you a summary,

A long time ago, last year, I tried to root my Note 8.0, along with flashing another ROM, kitkat cyan, I believe. It was unsuccessful, and I don't even have the tutorial I followed.

Now I'm trying to fix it, but I can't. I've had a lot of experience flashing and rooting my HTC phones, but those work a bit differently, and don't use Odin and things like that.

I also have gotten a new computer with nothing installed on it, except for Kies. I installed Kies because I heard you could restore the stock firmware and ROM, but when I tried to do that, it simply said "This device cannot be upgraded." My yellow triangle is on (3).

Device Status: When I plug it in, and it's off, it will show the battery symbol with the spinning grey circle, but won't tell me how much battery it has. When I press power, it will show the "Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110" boot screen, but not go past that.

I'm stuck, and don't know how the boot/recovery system works at all, so could someone explain what I need to do, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

CCallahan
Old
Thanks Meter 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckodudes View Post
Hi!

So to give you a summary,

A long time ago, last year, I tried to root my Note 8.0, along with flashing another ROM, kitkat cyan, I believe. It was unsuccessful, and I don't even have the tutorial I followed.

Now I'm trying to fix it, but I can't. I've had a lot of experience flashing and rooting my HTC phones, but those work a bit differently, and don't use Odin and things like that.

I also have gotten a new computer with nothing installed on it, except for Kies. I installed Kies because I heard you could restore the stock firmware and ROM, but when I tried to do that, it simply said "This device cannot be upgraded." My yellow triangle is on (3).

Device Status: When I plug it in, and it's off, it will show the battery symbol with the spinning grey circle, but won't tell me how much battery it has. When I press power, it will show the "Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110" boot screen, but not go past that.

I'm stuck, and don't know how the boot/recovery system works at all, so could someone explain what I need to do, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Sounds like you just need to flash the stock image. Follow this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2773712
CURRENT DEVICES
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
HTC Flyer
Asus Eee Pad Transformer

---------------------------------------------------
All Projects Currently On Hold
The Following User Says Thank You to CCallahan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Geckodudes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan View Post
Sounds like you just need to flash the stock image. Follow this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2773712
Thanks, I'll reply here when I've done that.

Geckodudes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Internet Doesn't Work

Alright, works great! So how do I root, and what's a good, stable ROM?

CCallahan
Old
Thanks Meter 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckodudes View Post
Alright, works great! So how do I root, and what's a good, stable ROM?
CF Auto Root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2291839

My preference is civato's 4.4.2 rom. Just look in Dev section.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
CURRENT DEVICES
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
HTC Flyer
Asus Eee Pad Transformer

---------------------------------------------------
All Projects Currently On Hold
The Following User Says Thank You to CCallahan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]