Needs help to unbrick my note 8

OP dlwei

7th July 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
USB seems disconnected during loading system to note 8 n5110 and as a result, it stocks at "Firmware upgrade encourtered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again". It showed no response to power key and home key. Is there any hope to reload the boot and related files to the device again for unbrick and how? Thanks a lot.
7th July 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 671

1,958 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwei

USB seems disconnected during loading system to note 8 n5110 and as a result, it stocks at "Firmware upgrade encourtered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again". It showed no response to power key and home key. Is there any hope to reload the boot and related files to the device again for unbrick and how? Thanks a lot.

So are you able to power the device on and off currently? Are you able to get into download mode?
7th July 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan

So are you able to power the device on and off currently? Are you able to get into download mode?

I cannot power on and off the device. I can get into download mode, but odin cannot find the device in this mode.
7th July 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag Rock Chalk

1,958 posts
Quote:

I cannot power on and off the device. I can get into download mode, but odin cannot find the device in this mode.

Just curious but how are you turning it on? Physically connecting the battery?

Make sure you have the Samsung device driver installed on the PC. Also might try it on another PC if you have that option and see if Odin can connect to device.

If Odin will not work might try using Heimdall: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755265
7th July 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

Just curious but how are you turning it on? Physically connecting the battery?

Make sure you have the Samsung device driver installed on the PC. Also might try it on another PC if you have that option and see if Odin can connect to device.

If Odin will not work might try using Heimdall: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755265

As I said, I cannot turn it on or off. It is on when it has power. Yes, you are right, the battery is solided on the device, so I cannot take the battery off.

I have samsung decive driver installed on my PC. Without going into download mode, the PC and Odin at least can find the device, although PC only recognized it as a moderm.
The Following User Says Thank You to dlwei For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #6  
Flag Rock Chalk

1,958 posts
Quote:

As I said, I cannot turn it on or off. It is on when it has power. Yes, you are right, the battery is solided on the device, so I cannot take the battery off.

I have samsung decive driver installed on my PC. Without going into download mode, the PC and Odin at least can find the device, although PC only recognized it as a moderm.

Might try Heimdall and see if you have any luck with that. Link is in my previous post. Otherwise, not sure what you can do besides taking the tablet in for repair.

**Gave you your first "Thanks" just to get you started. **
7th July 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

Might try Heimdall and see if you have any luck with that. Link is in my previous post. Otherwise, not sure what you can do besides taking the tablet in for repair.

**Gave you your first "Thanks" just to get you started. **

It finally works using another PC.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread