Post Reply

[Q] N5100 and N5110 problem

OP dark_st_man

3rd July 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Hi everyone.
I have a strange problem.
my device is N5100 (based on what is written in settings and what's shown in boot animation, etc...) but when I want to flash a custom run using CWM 6.0.4.4 it says that:

This package is for "GT-N5100, kona3g, n5100, kona3gxx" devices; this is a "GT-N5110".
E: Error in /external_sd/rom-name
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

What should I do?!

Edit: I installed a N5110 but I can't text or call now!
Last edited by dark_st_man; 3rd July 2014 at 12:33 AM. Reason: adding information
3rd July 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #2  
CCallahan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 672
 
1,960 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_st_man

Hi everyone.
I have a strange problem.
my device is N5100 (based on what is written in settings and what's shown in boot animation, etc...) but when I want to flash a custom run using CWM 6.0.4.4 it says that:

This package is for "GT-N5100, kona3g, n5100, kona3gxx" devices; this is a "GT-N5110".
E: Error in /external_sd/rom-name
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

What should I do?!

Edit: I installed a N5110 but I can't text or call now!

5110 is WiFi only which is why you can't text or call.
5100 is 3G+WiFi and 5120 is LTE.

My first thought is to flash Philz latest recovery for the 5100, try flashing the package, and see if that fixes it.
Can find it HERE
Last edited by CCallahan; 3rd July 2014 at 12:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CCallahan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan

5110 is WiFi only which is why you can't text or call.
5100 is 3G+WiFi and 5120 is LTE.

My first thought is to flash Philz latest recovery for the 5100, try flashing the package, and see if that fixes it.
Can find it HERE

I checked. I have the latest version of philz:
philZ Touch 6.41.6
Clock work mod v6.0.4.8
and still I have the problem. it says that my device is wifi!
3rd July 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #4  
CCallahan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 672
 
1,960 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_st_man

I checked. I have the latest version of philz:
philZ Touch 6.41.6
Clock work mod v6.0.4.8
and still I have the problem. it says that my device is wifi!

Do you have a backup you can restore to that has your wifi and 3g working? Did you happen to flash a different bootloader (maybe the wrong one)?
6th July 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan

Do you have a backup you can restore to that has your wifi and 3g working? Did you happen to flash a different bootloader (maybe the wrong one)?

you flash a n5110 recovery

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanGan

you flash a n5110 recovery

you can flash n5100 recovery again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes