Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Regarding Galaxy Note 8 Root

OP DDoutel

21st July 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Hi guys,

I've made the contribution to Skipsoft, downloaded the Unifed Android Toolkit, and attempted to use it to root my Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet, only to find that the toolkit only supports up to 4.2.2, not the 4.4.2 currently on my device. Can someone tell me when this package will be updated to support the later version? I'm posting here because I can't post in the pertinent Dev forum. Geez, what a disappointment!

Thanks.
21st July 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
381 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoutel

Hi guys,

I've made the contribution to Skipsoft, downloaded the Unifed Android Toolkit, and attempted to use it to root my Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet, only to find that the toolkit only supports up to 4.2.2, not the 4.4.2 currently on my device. Can someone tell me when this package will be updated to support the later version? I'm posting here because I can't post in the pertinent Dev forum. Geez, what a disappointment!

Thanks.

Saferoot is the only way to go with Note 8.0 using 4.1.2 or 4.2.2... once you run it, the only thing that wont work is Samsung Book Hub. You can get book hub to function using RootCloak and Substrate. They run in background and do not interfere with Framework or any other app add-ons..
21st July 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoutel

Hi guys,

I've made the contribution to Skipsoft, downloaded the Unifed Android Toolkit, and attempted to use it to root my Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet, only to find that the toolkit only supports up to 4.2.2, not the 4.4.2 currently on my device. Can someone tell me when this package will be updated to support the later version? I'm posting here because I can't post in the pertinent Dev forum. Geez, what a disappointment!

Thanks.

If you are looking to simply root the tablet, CF-Auto-Root is your best bet. I just tried it on my Note 8.0 stock 4.4.2 and it worked great.
22nd July 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycryptic

If you are looking to simply root the tablet, CF-Auto-Root is your best bet. I just tried it on my Note 8.0 stock 4.4.2 and it worked great.

I tried the CF Auto-root; it fails to root, so I can't install the newer supersu; I get the message that supersu stopped, and need to update it. Unfortunately, supersu requires root to update, so I have a catch-22. I'm stuck; can't achieve root with either the UAT or CF-Auto-root. Getting very fed up with Samsung's constant nagging about logging in to their lousy services, nor am I pleased with their privacy policy. All I want to do is get Titanium backup installed so I don't have to worry about Samsung digging through my personal information.

Thanks,
DDoutel
22nd July 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #5  
memooffon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 68
 
176 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoutel

I tried the CF Auto-root; it fails to root, so I can't install the newer supersu; I get the message that supersu stopped, and need to update it. Unfortunately, supersu requires root to update, so I have a catch-22. I'm stuck; can't achieve root with either the UAT or CF-Auto-root. Getting very fed up with Samsung's constant nagging about logging in to their lousy services, nor am I pleased with their privacy policy. All I want to do is get Titanium backup installed so I don't have to worry about Samsung digging through my personal information.

Thanks,
DDoutel

You can download from anywhere to update SuperSu.

http://www.appwoo.net/3304/supersu-pro-v2-01-apk
22nd July 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Yup; Supersu 2.01 did the job. Thanks!

DDoutel
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes