Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Regarding Galaxy Note 8 Root

Tip us?

DDoutel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Regarding Galaxy Note 8 Root

Hi guys,

I've made the contribution to Skipsoft, downloaded the Unifed Android Toolkit, and attempted to use it to root my Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet, only to find that the toolkit only supports up to 4.2.2, not the 4.4.2 currently on my device. Can someone tell me when this package will be updated to support the later version? I'm posting here because I can't post in the pertinent Dev forum. Geez, what a disappointment!

Thanks.

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoutel View Post
Hi guys,

I've made the contribution to Skipsoft, downloaded the Unifed Android Toolkit, and attempted to use it to root my Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet, only to find that the toolkit only supports up to 4.2.2, not the 4.4.2 currently on my device. Can someone tell me when this package will be updated to support the later version? I'm posting here because I can't post in the pertinent Dev forum. Geez, what a disappointment!

Thanks.
Saferoot is the only way to go with Note 8.0 using 4.1.2 or 4.2.2... once you run it, the only thing that wont work is Samsung Book Hub. You can get book hub to function using RootCloak and Substrate. They run in background and do not interfere with Framework or any other app add-ons..
GT-N5110 - Saferooted Stock 4.2.2
OTA - Kies Enabled
Xposed Framework
Wanam Xposed
Download to SD Xposed
633x 64GB SD
Multi User @ 4 / WIFI JP 14 / DPI @ 213 in build.prop
360 Security
Greenify & Experimental Features
Play Music frozen & Gallery thumbnail caching disabled
8+ hrs run time
12% per hr Netflix streaming with Miracast
3% drain on 12 hrs of standby WIFI on & Sync enabled
1080p 30fps MHL - Native
3D 1080p Miracast - Secondscreen app
500MB Standby / Wake
750MB average

Nycryptic
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Hi guys,

Thanks.
If you are looking to simply root the tablet, CF-Auto-Root is your best bet. I just tried it on my Note 8.0 stock 4.4.2 and it worked great.

DDoutel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycryptic View Post
If you are looking to simply root the tablet, CF-Auto-Root is your best bet. I just tried it on my Note 8.0 stock 4.4.2 and it worked great.
I tried the CF Auto-root; it fails to root, so I can't install the newer supersu; I get the message that supersu stopped, and need to update it. Unfortunately, supersu requires root to update, so I have a catch-22. I'm stuck; can't achieve root with either the UAT or CF-Auto-root. Getting very fed up with Samsung's constant nagging about logging in to their lousy services, nor am I pleased with their privacy policy. All I want to do is get Titanium backup installed so I don't have to worry about Samsung digging through my personal information.

Thanks,
DDoutel

memooffon
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
I tried the CF Auto-root; it fails to root, so I can't install the newer supersu; I get the message that supersu stopped, and need to update it. Unfortunately, supersu requires root to update, so I have a catch-22. I'm stuck; can't achieve root with either the UAT or CF-Auto-root. Getting very fed up with Samsung's constant nagging about logging in to their lousy services, nor am I pleased with their privacy policy. All I want to do is get Titanium backup installed so I don't have to worry about Samsung digging through my personal information.

Thanks,
DDoutel
You can download from anywhere to update SuperSu.

http://www.appwoo.net/3304/supersu-pro-v2-01-apk

DDoutel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yup; Supersu 2.01 did the job. Thanks!

DDoutel

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more