Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,654 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] The most stupid idiotic thing ever!!

Tip us?

photoscubaman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] The most stupid idiotic thing ever!!

Have just changed network to three mobile (UK), because they have great all you can eat data phone tarrif.

I also just bought replacement n1520 after the old one broke and samsun wont honor waranty.

They wont let me use the internet on the phone as they say its a tablet not a phone, and i need to get data sim which i wont be able to make phone calls!

aparantly 5.7" is ok but 8" is too big for a screen.

this is nutts three wont allow the n5100/n5120 to be used as designed.

300 out of pocket on phone and now tied into 12 month contract.

anybody know any way to get the data to work?

john

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoscubaman View Post
Have just changed network to three mobile (UK), because they have great all you can eat data phone tarrif.

I also just bought replacement n1520 after the old one broke and samsun wont honor waranty.

They wont let me use the internet on the phone as they say its a tablet not a phone, and i need to get data sim which i wont be able to make phone calls!

aparantly 5.7" is ok but 8" is too big for a screen.

this is nutts three wont allow the n5100/n5120 to be used as designed.

300 out of pocket on phone and now tied into 12 month contract.

anybody know any way to get the data to work?

john
Used a sim from a working phone and got the EE error after unlocking my ATT LTE Note 8.0.
Found a booth at the mall and found you need to get a data only SIM for tablets... Tested on Virgin in Scotland and worked fine, don't like Virgin. Soon I will be going to Amsterdam to pick a plan and service plus the SIM is cheaper as well.
GT-N5110 - Stock 4.2.2 and Saferooted
OTA enabled
Xposed Framework
Wanam Xposed
Download to SD Xposed
633x 64GB SD
Multi User @ 4 / WIFI JP 14 / DPI @ 210 in Build.prop
360 Security
Greenify & Experimental Features
Play Music frozen & Gallery thumbnail caching disabled
8+ hrs run time
12% per hr Miracast & Netflix streaming
3% drain on 12 hrs of standby WIFI on and sync enabled
1080p 30fps MHL - 3D 720p Miracast
550MB used waking from standby
750MB average used when active

photoscubaman
Old
(Last edited by photoscubaman; 27th June 2014 at 04:19 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude View Post
Used a sim from a working phone and got the EE error after unlocking my ATT LTE Note 8.0.
Found a booth at the mall and found you need to get a data only SIM for tablets... Tested on Virgin in Scotland and worked fine, don't like Virgin. Soon I will be going to Amsterdam to pick a plan and service plus the SIM is cheaper as well.
I can confirm that the phone works great on Virgin as i was conected to their network prior to joing three.
have now escalted to exc office and it has been confirmed they have no plans to enable the galaxy note 8 to be used on Three

EFCLEE
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I too have a Note 8 N5120 and absolutely thrilled using it with Gear1 etc...like you I was on Three and was blocked data, so both me and the wife cancelled the Direct Debit and are now both with o2 (amazing 4G) with a 5 Gig of data plan, unlimited calls and texts, both comes to around 50 a month, sim only for both mind as we already had phones.

I tend to use speakerphone a lot more than using voice from the watch as they are both audible to the public and quality is better from phone anyway so the Gear is neither here nor there I suppose, but crack on with the Note 8 its a fantastic device to use as a phone.

As for Three, wake up and smell the coffee, listen to what people want!!!!

Simply call them up like I did and explain you are not paying a single penny for the contract as they block your Note 8 from data, if everyone done this they might change this stupid rule..

AMoosa
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Is there any way to spoof the identity of the device so three think it's a galaxy s5 or something?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 8.0
United Kingdom
Three UK

Previously owned - HTC One M8, Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue and White, Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Desire S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S, Motorola XPRT, Motorola Xoom, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire, Motorola Milestone, Nexus One, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Athena, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal (that's all I can think of for now...)

EFCLEE
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoosa View Post
Is there any way to spoof the identity of the device so three think it's a galaxy s5 or something?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
afaik it detects the IMEI number, so they must have 2 lists, phone IMEI's and tablet IMEI's....1 list is blocked and the other isnt...