[Q] Can anyone give a recomendation of what to do now? I have offcial kitkat and root

OP radhames562

29th June 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

93 posts
Hi, i bought an used galaxy note 8 n5110 (WiFi version) and it came with kitkat update installed ?

The first thing i thought was oohhh great kitkat! But this is terrible the battery sucks!!! it discharged in a few hours at most and i research a lot on internet and forums and a lot of people are having the same problem with kitkat update.

Install greenify, du battery saver, gservicefix and i disable a lot of samsung apps and features and theres no big changes.

So i decide to root and some of the root features help me a bit but im not satisfied.

I have a galaxy tab 3 7.0 rooted with Stock ROM and when i disable connections it last days!!! I know i cant compare dual core 1.2 and quad core 1.6 and the screen but woow it doesnt last even a full day. Just reading on kindle with brightness to minimum and i can see the percentage dropping...

So im open to any suggestion even install a custom ROM, im really interested in samsung apps and stuff at least the S Note Pen apps and not so much with Remote control apps but i like multi windows.

So please can someone give some recommendation i just need battery life! and S Pen! im med student, i dont have too much time to deal with it,
29th June 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 32

99 posts
A battery pull for an hour might be your only option.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2274678

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtiangha For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

93 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha

A battery pull for an hour might be your only option.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2274678

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Im glad to report that it works!!!!!

I used the tablet until it was in 1% them i left it playing youtube videos and i dont know how it last in 1% like an hour them it was sooo discharged that it dont even turn on them i removed the battery and put it back and VOILA!!!! The tablet turn on with 51% of charge and I'm in love my note 8 jejeje

Thanks you so much, i hope i don't have this problem again.
30th June 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #4  
Flag DNH UT
Thanks Meter: 69

319 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radhames562

Im glad to report that it works!!!!!

I used the tablet until it was in 1% them i left it playing youtube videos and i dont know how it last in 1% like an hour them it was sooo discharged that it dont even turn on them i removed the battery and put it back and VOILA!!!! The tablet turn on with 51% of charge and I'm in love my note 8 jejeje

Thanks you so much, i hope i don't have this problem again.

sorry , but are you kidding... you said you kept playing youtube video on 1 percent battery for an hour and then it was sooo discharged that it dont even turn on them u removed the battery and put it back ...and it went up 51 percent?
then why it didnt helped even to boot up the device.
30th June 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

93 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vimi93

sorry , but are you kidding... you said you kept playing youtube video on 1 percent battery for an hour and then it was sooo discharged that it dont even turn on them u removed the battery and put it back ...and it went up 51 percent?
then why it didnt helped even to boot up the device.

I dont know why its happened but i wont turn on then i put it off and on and i push the power botton and it turn on with 51% . I read entired thread that its above and in the last pages someoone did somethong similar and it works so i give it a try.

After all of this i used the tablet until it was in 5% and charge it. That was last night and i disconnect it before i went to sleep and when i wake up thos morning it was in 100%, (wifi off, gps, everything off) and thats great for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread