[Q] Need to unroot GT-N5110

Search This thread

xxfigmentxx

Mar 15, 2015
Howdy,
I've been googling my arse off, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. These forums have been a god send in the past, so I figured I'd try them again.
I have ODIN installed as well as drivers, but I can't seem to find what stock rom I should reflash to.
I need to take my tablet in for some warranty work and maybe a swap out, but they won't take it if it's rooted. I have Triangle away to reset the counter, but I need to revert the thing back to a factory state first.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I can't remember what I rooted it with...
HALP!

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi :)

Thanks for writing to us at XDA Assist. Please standby while we have your thread/question moved to the appropriate sub-forum for your device.

For future reference you can find your specific device forum here (bookmark/subscribe this):

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Within that section you will find a dedicated q&a sub-forum (this is where your thread is going to be moved to):

Galaxy Note 8.0 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

Good luck!

vhappy108

Oct 14, 2019
Unrooting

Hi there,

Did you manage to unroot your GT-N5110? If yes, any guidance will be very much appreciate. I have bricked mine and I'm just not able to do anything with it.

The tablet goes on in boot loop with the android with the red triangle and exclamation mark. When I try to connect it with Kies, it keeps connecting and never connects - I tried restarting, installing drivers, changing cables, using different ports. I have tried Odin and used some firmware but have no success. When I am in Odin mode I have following on the screen:

Odin mode (in red)
Product Name: GT-N5110
Current Binary: Samsung official
System status: Custom
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1
RP SWREV: A2

Now, I am trying Odin with firmware N5110XXDNE1_N5110OXADNE1_BTU from Sammobile and with this rom I am getting - "SW REV. CHECK FAIL. DEVICE:2, BINARY:1"

Please help me to get the right firmware to bring my Samsung back to life. It is an UK model.