Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] VanirAOSP [official] [N5100 / N5110 / N5120] [4.4.4] organized, clean, fast.

Tip us?

jewnersey
Old
Thanks Meter 82
This is my favorite Rom for all my previous devices. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to jewnersey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jewnersey
Old
(Last edited by jewnersey; 27th August 2014 at 06:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 82
Are people getting the blur effect to work?
Second issue. Immersive mode disables status bar but leaves the black space in its place

ryukiri
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewnersey View Post
Are people getting the blur effect to work?
Second issue. Immersive mode disables status bar but leaves the black space in its place
I'm not sure who's fault it is but blur haven't worked well on tablets here. PAC has the same problem for some reason. Both this and PAC are CM based, but I don't know if CM also has the same issue. If not then someone probably derped out while adding more features. And I actually haven't gotten immersive mode to work either

glockman4519
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryukiri View Post
Should be. Uses CM's trees. I have made no modifications.

Unfortunately, I have temporarily discontinued them so proceed at your own caution. I mainly do not have the time to continue them and / or resources test them since my Note 8 is a family shared device now. I'm still planning to continue them sometime in the future when I have more time and resources. If you want to use I guess make backups before and test all of them.
That is unfortunate as your kernel was a nice addition to the roms they were made for. It would be nice to see an AOKP, AOSP, AOSPB or CM style rom made with a kernel built right in it that had over clocking capability.
I will keep an eye on the thread to see if you start working on it again. At this point I am just happy to have access to the quality level of development that we do have here.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app

ryukiri
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman4519 View Post
That is unfortunate as your kernel was a nice addition to the roms they were made for. It would be nice to see an AOKP, AOSP, AOSPB or CM style rom made with a kernel built right in it that had over clocking capability.
I will keep an eye on the thread to see if you start working on it again. At this point I am just happy to have access to the quality level of development that we do have here.

Ah..I'm sorry about that. When / if I start again, I'll send you a PM. Just out of curiosity, what ROM do you use as a daily driver?

glockman4519
Old
Thanks Meter 36
To be honest, I have this, dirty unicorn and CivZ touchwiz backed up and I restore to the rom I need depending on what I'm doing at the time. CivZ for work as I use the S note extensively, and Vanir lately at home as I am testing with it right now. And I really like Dirty Unicorn for the customization.
I think that Vanir is the smoothest running so far. I can't wait to see where this goes.
But to answer your question, it would be all three of these roms as daily drivers. It only takes 3 to 4 minutes to restore to the one I need.

The Following User Says Thank You to glockman4519 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ryukiri
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Nightlies are up and running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryukiri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sputnik767
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryukiri View Post
Did you do a full wipe? Device? I just tested and it connects to my 5.0 GHz Wifi connection perfectly fine with 2.2 MB/s speeds from the play store (downloaded Temple Run 2 as a test).

Edit: Sorry I just realized my wifi is not 5 ghz. I only have the 2.4 ghz connection. Can you provide a log? I'm going to talk to the core devs to see if its a known bug that exists on all devices..
Sorry, I flashed back to stock. It was unusable as is. But in general, I have noticed that AOSP ROMs have had issues with 5.0 Ghz connections on Samsung devices. That goes for this tablet and my old Galaxy S4. Interestingly, I ran a speed test on 2.4 Ghz that showed about 6 Mb/s, whereas it would only download from the Play Store at about 300 Kb/s. But either way, I have a 60 Mb/s connection over Wifi. I understand that 2.4 Ghz is probably maxed out before 60 Mb/s, but still not at 6 Mb/s.

And yes, full wipe was done. The device is the Wifi only Note 8, 5110