[ROM] VanirAOSP [official] [N5100 / N5110 / N5120] [5.1.1] organized, clean, fast.

Search This thread

ctrlaltdel

Mar 18, 2006
Hong Kong
Just tried out the latest vanir downloaded yesterday (v0127) with opengapp pico (v0204) and supersu (v2.65) on my N5120. It is able to boot up to the setup wizard but the wizard crashed on the language selector page (first page), everytime i click next it crashes, so i cant further test anything.... Is there a fix for this?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dio_S

Nov 23, 2015
Just tried out the latest vanir downloaded yesterday (v0127) with opengapp pico (v0204) and supersu (v2.65) on my N5120. It is able to boot up to the setup wizard but the wizard crashed on the language selector page (first page), everytime i click next it crashes, so i cant further test anything.... Is there a fix for this?

First flash the ROM, reboot and do the configuration and then reboot into recovery and flash the GAPPS.
Sorry for my English

ctrlaltdel

Mar 18, 2006
Hong Kong
do a wipe dalvik/cache
ummm ... I did that but still i got the setup wizard error and google play service error ... I seems to be fixed the setup wizard alert by go to the notification tray and then settings and then go to app and grant all permission to it, but the same approach cannot fix the google play service issue [emoji20] [emoji17]

ummm ... I did that but still i got the setup wizard error and google play service error ... I seems to be fixed the setup wizard alert by go to the notification tray and then settings and then go to app and grant all permission to it, but the same approach cannot fix the google play service issue [emoji20] [emoji17]

This happens to me too.

Found this: https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/Notes-for-Android-6.0

Is all in the gapps you flash. I used Pico Open and flashed them age booting the rom first with no gapps. Reboot back to recovery and flash gapps. Then let it loaf and sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Then you can sign in to Google and slowly add back your gapps. The reboot issue was definitely related to gapps. At least in my case. I even put a video out on my YouTube channel showing that I got this rom to function without the random reboots and with Google apps installed.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=63160190

"Chance Favors the Prepared"

Unfortunately this did not work for me.

Formatted cache, dalvik, system, data. Installed 5.1 (no Gapps!), booted, waited for optimisation, let it sit for a bit. Boom, automatic reboot. Too bad!

MariuxReloaded

Jan 16, 2014
Manfredonia
Hi guys! :D
I just wanted to ask you:

1) Is the latest Marshmallow release of this ROM for the GT-N5110 good to use as a daily driver or not?

2) What Gapps package do you suggest me to flash: the OpenGapps or the Gapps on the Vanir development page?

Thank you very much in advance! ;)

nichitandrei

Apr 9, 2010
Dubai
Does GSM works on this ROM? Can I make phone calls from my 5120? I know that it didn't work before but I don't know if the problem was solved or not...

klaydze

Feb 5, 2010
Manila
Guys,

I have flashed the ROM in my GT-5100 and notice that my cellular signal has gone. Should I update the radio? If yes, can someone share a link?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android to as many devices as possible. This is not a kang rom. You will find versions of the features you love that we've rewritten and improved on plus a few we wrote ourselves. we've tried to achieve a more organized and cohesive setup to improve the user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality.

You will not find customizations that are done just because someone figured out how to do them. Everything in here has a purpose and is held to a high standard of coding. Our ROM is build with linaro toolchain and global -O3 -fstrict-aliasing so everything will feel snappy and super smooth.

General features:
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    minor UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    active notifications (improved active display + lockscreen notifications)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive desktop <- fully configurable immersive mode
    low profile mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    halo
    heads up
    hover
    slim recents
    active display
    quicksettings style colors
    statusbar clock color
    many improvements and new features unique to vanir
    more to come when i feel like updating the op

Installation:
    1, factory reset
    2. wipe cache
    3. wipe dalvik cache
    4. Flash ROM
    5. Flash Gapps
    6. Reboot

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
    Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server

Downloads:
    N5100
    N5110
    N5120
    GAPPS

Please help me continue developing, or simply just toss me some loose change for a coffee

Sources:
    tutorials for building, translating, testing
    N5100 Tree
    N5110 Tree
    N5120 Tree
    Kona common
    Kernel source
    Gerrit code review

XDA:DevDB Information
    VanirAOSP [LP 5.1][N5100 / N5110 / N5120], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors
    ryukiri
    Source Code: https://github.com/vaniraosp

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-08-24
    Last Updated 2015-08-06
    Reserved

Screenshots

2014-08-24%2B16.41.29.png
    2014-08-24%2B16.41.38.png

2014-08-24%2B16.41.47.png
    2014-08-24%2B16.41.58.png

2014-08-24%2B16.42.07.png
    2014-08-24%2B16.42.21.png

2014-08-24%2B16.42.35.png
    2014-08-24%2B16.42.51.png

2014-08-24%2B16.43.07.png

Wow. Got a score of 30,600+ on Antutu tonight, twice. Wanted to go back to this rom and try out some new apps and changes I made on my end and forgot just how well built this rom is. Hats off to all of you at Vanir AOSP and the maintainer.
    I posted the wrong one, this was the first try. After clearing cache and running process the second run produced the higher score. I could only post one screenshot as per forum rules so you will have to take my word on it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app
    Nightlies are up and running. :)