Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Now Presenting AOKP KitKat for the Quincyatt ported from the Hercules

hW69bnM.png

Device: Quincyatt (SGH-I717)

iVsp3Dn.png

>> Installation is simple:

If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP 2.6.1.0 (Not TWRP 2.6.3.0)
Quincyatt guys and Gals can use TWRP 2.7.0.0+
Flash ROM
Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
Reboot

C31d13R.png

>> Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

_____Quincyatt Builds_____

AOKP

Special Thanks
AOKP
CM
Rookie Thread
Everyone that enjoys this Rom

E1lnmIV.png

AOKP Gerrit
AOKP on Github
Source on AOKP.co

mgqyXbq.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
>> Donation options on
AOKP.co

Enjoy!

***NOTE***

for netflix work around due to distorted videos use this thanks to @mariasnowhite for pointing it out.

If your SD card isn't mounting like how it should do this edit all thanks to @vinman12

Source build of AOKP can be found in the "source build" folder, other roms that are not in that folder are ports done by me

***My Personal Thanks***

@Kiltnar for allowing me to port his AOKP build.

@patch_Adams for allowing me to use his Liquid Smooth as a base as well as kernel.

XDA:DevDB Information
AOKP KitKat, ROM for the AT&T Galaxy Note

Contributors
Kiltnar, AOKP_ROM
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-20
Last Updated 2014-12-09​

Last edited:

snipekill

Jul 4, 2011
Carolina
I installed it, and so far no problems on my phone, apps working fine ,no problems with video recording or viewing them from the gallery, hangout, facebook messenger working fine, also whatsapp. still installing apps , but GOOD work on this one!

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
I installed it, and so far no problems on my phone, apps working fine ,no problems with video recording or viewing them from the gallery, hangout, facebook messenger working fine, also whatsapp. still installing apps , but GOOD work on this one!

I'm glad to hear some positive feed back about this port, was a bit worried due to the fact I'm new to this device. still trying to learn the ins and outs but things are coming along nicely though.

Sent from my Half Baked Vibrant

snipekill

Jul 4, 2011
Carolina
Well Good Job!:good: So far no screen flicks and everything working smooth. The only thing i am watching for now is the charging cause i have it plug in for almost 2 hours and still on 34% , i will keep watching it cause i am not using any application at the moment to seehow long it take to complete charge and how much will take to drain the same ,but NO COMPLAIN about it. Keep It going.:cowboy:

Reactions: dzee206

le2010

Dec 19, 2009
flashed this rom on my Tmobile note with Pollution patch. everything work exept no data, any way to fix it? please

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
flashed this rom on my Tmobile note with Pollution patch. everything work exept no data, any way to fix it? please

try flashing a different modem/radio. I had to swap out ril related files from base to port to get data working. do you have any APN settings? if so try to set it to the first apn which is metropcs I believe.

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Isn't this for AT&T? I think Tmo users just enable AWS with WCDMA 1700

yes its for att but originally for tmobile. that wasn't the case for me and I'm with T-Mobile if it matters. I didn't do anything special to get data thus the reason I said try a different radio. just to throw it out there I'm on blazes ICS modem I believe at least I think I am since it says unknown baseband in device info and just happens to be the only one I have stored on my internal.

Last edited:

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Does this work with the video call of hangout ?

honestly I wouldn't know as I don't use hangouts let alone video calls, personally I hate it and resorted to putting a piece of electrical tape over my FFC. can you test it if you're already on this port? I'm not at home and don't have my note on me atm.

Reactions: fieldside

Madmanguruman

Jun 28, 2011
Ajax
How is Bluetooth with this ROM? I know that some other ROMs have Bluetooth dropout/crashout issue, and that the BlownFuze AOKP ROM (which I've been using for quite some time) has no issues whatsoever. I can deal with the other issues (camera, screen flicker) but really need confidence in the Bluetooth performance before I can consider switching.

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
How is Bluetooth with this ROM? I know that some other ROMs have Bluetooth dropout/crashout issue, and that the BlownFuze AOKP ROM (which I've been using for quite some time) has no issues whatsoever. I can deal with the other issues (camera, screen flicker) but really need confidence in the Bluetooth performance before I can consider switching.

perfectly understandable as for your question I don't use BT but I did manage to pair my note with my galaxy for a good 15-20 minutes so I'd say it works. no screen flickering as I included the patch into the build.prop, performance wise I can't complain haven't had any major issues while I was running it. actually you caught me at the right time was just about to give the 8/12 build of PAC a try. almost forgot to mention camera seems to be good as well. let me know if you run into any issues with any thing.

Reactions: Madmanguruman

Madmanguruman

Jun 28, 2011
Ajax
perfectly understandable as for your question I don't use BT but I did manage to pair my note with my galaxy for a good 15-20 minutes so I'd say it works. no screen flickering as I included the patch into the build.prop, performance wise I can't complain haven't had any major issues while I was running it. actually you caught me at the right time was just about to give the 8/12 build of PAC a try. almost forgot to mention camera seems to be good as well. let me know if you run into any issues with any thing.

Thanks for the update. I find that BT can sometimes work for a few hours, sometimes a day or two before it gives out (on a bad ROM) - when it flakes out you have no choice but to reboot to get it back which is a pain when you're driving.

dsfr

Dec 23, 2006
Meridianville, AL
Thanks for the update. I find that BT can sometimes work for a few hours, sometimes a day or two before it gives out (on a bad ROM) - when it flakes out you have no choice but to reboot to get it back which is a pain when you're driving.

I use this ROM with 2 different Samsung BT headsets. I will occasionally receive a message that the BT service has stopped/died. Fortunately, BT continues to work after I toggle it off and back on. I haven't had to reboot yet to get it to work. The previous ROM I used before this one would regularly kill BT and require a reboot for it to begin working again.

jlpatte2

Dec 16, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Tried this out, Bluetooth seems to have the same issues as ever other non blown fuse ROM, namely needs reboot every third or forth pairing and often can't cycle BT on then off correctly.
Back to bf aokp .:(

Sent from my SGH-I717 using XDA Free mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now Presenting AOKP KitKat for the Quincyatt ported from the Hercules

hW69bnM.png

Device: Quincyatt (SGH-I717)

iVsp3Dn.png

>> Installation is simple:

If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP 2.6.1.0 (Not TWRP 2.6.3.0)
    Quincyatt guys and Gals can use TWRP 2.7.0.0+
    Flash ROM
    Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    Reboot

C31d13R.png

>> Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

_____Quincyatt Builds_____

AOKP

Special Thanks
    AOKP
    CM
    Rookie Thread
    Everyone that enjoys this Rom

E1lnmIV.png

AOKP Gerrit
    AOKP on Github
    Source on AOKP.co

mgqyXbq.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    >> Donation options on
    AOKP.co

Enjoy!

***NOTE***

for netflix work around due to distorted videos use this thanks to @mariasnowhite for pointing it out.

If your SD card isn't mounting like how it should do this edit all thanks to @vinman12

Source build of AOKP can be found in the "source build" folder, other roms that are not in that folder are ports done by me

***My Personal Thanks***

@Kiltnar for allowing me to port his AOKP build.

@patch_Adams for allowing me to use his Liquid Smooth as a base as well as kernel.

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP KitKat, ROM for the AT&T Galaxy Note

Contributors
    Kiltnar, AOKP_ROM
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-20
    Last Updated 2014-12-09​
    alright the source build by @Kiltnar is now up found in the "source build" folder, no need for screen flicker patching. so be sure to thank him for taking his time to build for us. especially seeing how he doesn't even own a quincyatt.

sent from my Liquid Smooth SGH-I717
    I've also got the bugs squished (mostly) in the diablo kernel. Which finished a little bit ago. I'm going to pass it to @dzee206 for his approval. Be sure to thank him for the time he put into this and for asking about different things to make sure these are quality builds for you guys. Thanks and enjoy!
    ~Kiltnar
    Update time, enjoy. http://www.mediafire.com/?aoo56x7yql47w92

Sent from my SGH-I717 powered by AOKP
    before i forget no need for flashing screen flicker patch as its already included in the build.prop.
    So far it's been rock solid. Using as my daily driver. Thanks. :good:

thanks mate. glad things are running smooth for you, I may bring another port to the table but that's if only I can figure out a solution to a problem I'm having with it.