SlimFast 8.4 [SlimRom+Linaro] **PORT** **4.4.4** **UNOFFICAL**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dodgy1

Feb 11, 2010
Do I need to flash SuperSU after flashing this ROM. I can't seemed to be able to save the change.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Select system folder and edit properties using es file explore is how I did it this morning
I tried changing the LCD top 320, but I'm unable to save the change. I also did grant the SuperSU to ES File Explorer when prompted.
Anything I missed?

oscar the grouch

Aug 15, 2014
MACON
Push and hold on system folder. When it selects at the bottom will be a more. Under more there is a properties setting. You need to edit these.for.the.change to stick.

klloyd

Jul 29, 2010
I got screen res changed... I think it was a bad flash. Nothing I tried would work. I reflashed, and I worked like a charm. Thank you all for putting up with me :)

klloyd

Jul 29, 2010
Is there a task manager in this? Been a while since I ran 4.4, and I can't find the darn thing... I'm looking for an easy way to switch between running applications.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

OK, forget that... Which confirms my bad flash of yesterday. I had none on the last go around.

klloyd

Jul 29, 2010
What are the changes? Is there an easy way to Wheatley governor? Have had couple time I had to make it reboot, would not wake up.

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
What are the changes? Is there an easy way to Wheatley governor? Have had couple time I had to make it reboot, would not wake up.

changes can be found here http://www.slimroms.net/. Diablo kernel doesn't have that governer so you would need to flash a different kernel to achieve that. Sorry about the SOD (sleep of death) but setting max at 1512mhz and min at 384mhz and governer on interactive and io to deadline or at least that's been working for, haven't had to reboot to wake it up just had to push the power button multiple times to get it to wake up.

klloyd

Jul 29, 2010
The pollutions ROM patch seems to be able to patch uber kernal and its not had a sleep lock since. I'm about to upgrade to 8.4 when my battery charges.

Reactions: dzee206

sinasiadat

Nov 29, 2010
Best KitKat ROM I've used on this device. Didn't flash a kernel cuz it made it unstable. Works best straight outta the box . fast and responsive even after installing all apps . no issues thus far .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: dzee206

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Best KitKat ROM I've used on this device. Didn't flash a kernel cuz it made it unstable. Works best straight outta the box . fast and responsive even after installing all apps . no issues thus far .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you, glad you're enjoying it. 8.4 seems to be the most stable out of all the releases haven't had much trouble with it or random reboots compared to older versions. Its always great to hear its running smoothly for users.

sent from my sweetened CandyKat SGH-I717

Lichsv

Jul 8, 2010
San Miguel
can anybody tell me what is the best combination of governor and scheduler in SetCPU in this ROM?

this rom is smooth, but drain me too fast the battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RR2umYx.png

So I love SlimRom, and all I really wanted to do was build it to go faster. Weeklies from Slim come out on Sundays, and I'll be realising my weeklies a few days later. I want to test stability before I give it to you. Anyways, I'm not responsible for what you do to your phone :angel: , and do a nandroid backup, because if you don't, you're stupid.

SlimFast is the project name and is based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:

The Real Dark Slim
    Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    SlimCenter
    Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    Camera Features
    Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Thanks to Chet, Emmanuel, and the SlimRom team.

Future plans: build my own kernel, remove some apps, add some apps, clone to github

Here's a toolchain I built, based off Linaro 8.14 -o3, but I updated all the libraries to the newest ones:
    GMP
    Cloog
    isl
    mpc
    mpfr
    pkg-config
    zlib

Dev-Host Toolchain
    XDA-Toolchain

j3eMo4Q.jpg

***INSTALLATION***

1. Factory Data reset
    2. Wipe Cache/Dalvik
    3. Format System/Data
    4. Install SlimFast zip from Sdcard
    5. Wipe Cache/Dalvik
    6.Reboot device
    7.boot back into recovery
    8.Wipe Cache/Dalvik
    9. Flash gapps
    10.Wipe Cache/Dalvik
    11. Reboot and Enjoy

**Notes**

DPI (lcd density) is set to 182 so everything may look tiny to y'all, can easily be changed with your favorite root explorer. navigate to system/build.prop and be sure to change permission to r/w before editing, make the edit to your liking save it and reboot...

***So you want to do a dirty flash?***

You could but i wouldn't recommend it and i wont give any support if you do. I like to treat flashing like sex, keep it clean and safe lol.

***DOWNLOADS***

SlimFast

PA Gapps

YourZgapps XS

Google Apps Slurms Edition for Android 4.4.x

***NOTE***

If your SD card isn't mounting like how it should do this edit all thanks to @vinman12

***Source Code***

Rom source soon to come, just waiting for it to get uploaded :good:

AD5GB's Kernel Source

***My Personal Thanks***

@smokenbiskits For allowing me to port his SlimFast rom.

@Kiltnar for allowing me to use his AOKP as base as well as kernel.

Contributors
    smokenbiskits
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: SlimRom

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Weekly 8.4
    Stable Release Date: 2014-10-08

Created 2014-09-04
    Last Updated 2014-10-08

89cgBk4.png
    8.2 is now up enjoy! SlimFast has been re based using AOKP as base and comes with its Diablo kernel. http://www.mediafire.com/download/5...-4.4.4.build.8.2-UNOFFICIAL-20141001-1236.zip
    EFF it!!! I'll just release it now for y'all crack flash addicts to enjoy lol
    8.0 is up, enjoy!

Sent from my Half Baked Vibrant
    You didn't lose root that's just how slim based ROMs are, its disabled by default and needs to be enabled. http://slimroms.net/index.php/faqandmanual/slimbean/122-general/441-how-do-i-enable-root just don't go reporting bugs regarding the ROM in this op as it has nothing to do with team slim. Keep all questions posted in this thread and I'll do my best to help out unless I feel like a user is being a noob and not searching I'll just ignore those users...

sent from my sweetened CandyKat SGH-I717