[Q] app install loop

OP crazydads

26th July 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I have a i717 that stuck on the att log ..I used the oden3.7 and flashed the att I717UCMD3_I717ATTMD3_ATT.zip to it...
I received the pass on oden..when the phone rebooted it installing 1 of 89 apps then gets to 89 and rebbots and starts all over...
I went into the hard reset options and wiped the cache and didn't help any...the phone isn't rooted..can anybody help here
9th August 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag GTA
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tutorial A few options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydads

I have a i717 that stuck on the att log ..I used the oden3.7 and flashed the att I717UCMD3_I717ATTMD3_ATT.zip to it...
I received the pass on oden..when the phone rebooted it installing 1 of 89 apps then gets to 89 and rebbots and starts all over...
I went into the hard reset options and wiped the cache and didn't help any...the phone isn't rooted..can anybody help here

Your post is a little unclear. Did you try to flash UCMD3 again after doing the reset?
If not you should try that and see how it goes.

If that doesn't work the safest thing to do would be to download Samsung KIES from their official site.
Once you have KIES installed you can click on 'Upgrade & Initialization' and type in the information underneath your phones battery.
Once you type in the model and serial number you can plug your phone in to your computer in download mode and KIES will put it back to stock.

[If you brick your phone trying this it's not my fault. I'm not forcing you to do anything.]
Otherwise you could install TWRP 2.7. It's a recovery program you can install through ODIN.
It will allow you to do a better wipe of the phone and it will root it for you. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoEy8x_JgpqTHRvRk5PVjhXTlE/edit?usp=sharing
That's the link to TWRP 2.7(newest) in my google drive. You can flash that in ODIN's PDA slot.
Afterwards do a wipe with TWRP and see if the phone boots. (An option will come up to root. Click no until you get it working.)
If it doesn't work wipe it with TWRP and then flash UCMD3 with ODIN again. Reboot. You should be fine.
Once the phone is working if you want it rooted just click yes in TWRP and it will root the phone.
Then when you reboot a notification will pop up asking you to install SuperSu. Do that via the play store button, NOT TWRP.
There you go, the phone should be rooted and all set. Let me know if you have any more problems.

Oh, and please press 'Thanks' if this helped you.
10th August 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #3  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 614

907 posts
More
get back into stock recovery and do a factory reset, clearing cache just won't do.

Sent from my Half Baked Vibrant
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread