Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 44,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T i717 Bad Vibrations (CandyKatt)

Tip us?

si1entONE
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default AT&T i717 Bad Vibrations (CandyKatt)

Hello XDA,

Way to start off my Friday Hope EVERYONE has a GOOD AND SAFE weekend!

PROBLEM:
Out of the blue it started to reboot itself more often, always had issues with candykatt even after few re-install and wipes. Last night, it would reboot with in 1-5 minutes after full boot and load, then the time decreased to 30 seconds. Till finally 1 second, that is if i am lucky to full boot and load. (auto attempt to reboot with multiple vibrations).Tried to load into odin and twrp, and same symptoms first will fully load into those two for 30 seconds and then auto reboot.
ATTEMPTS
Tried various batteries of various charge types percentages, stock samsung battery fully charged another 2500MAH even 5400MAH. Tried taking sim and memory card out and same thing! (debating on opening up and clean, hope just power button even though feels fine)
CANDYKATT:
I love the rom, work well for couple months with minor popular known issues, like camera not working and random but not frequent freezes. And power hungry, was waiting for updates in forum but never happened. Not as tech savy as i used to be (not my first rom, ran every blackstar and everything from GB, JB,KK and just not on this device) still a not a pro or almost out of noob stafe

XDA FAMILY HELP ME PLEASE!
would love to fix issue with out wipe or reflash at the moment to save files (did not have memory card long)

Phone:
AT&T i717
CandyKatt (Non Uber)
TWRP
64gb SD
No Other tweaks or fancy anything
All Buttons seem fine
No Rattles haha
NO WARRANTY
(Charge port messed up, no major accident besides tripped on power cord while plugged in)

si1entONE
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Power Button

XDA World,

Attempt Power Button cleaning and pop out with screw driver (not forced). My button worked fine, looked fine and felt fine. After attempting ODIN and TWRP many times, idk what I did but re flashed and loaded into candykatt os set up. My files still there, and so far has been on for a few minutes as I transfer my photos to SD (full battery).

Uh oh random auto reboot!!! dang it

si1entONE
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default working better

I still do not know what I did, entered odin and twrp so many times (as mentioned old post). After it reflashed due my button mashing between those two, it works better random reboots even vibrating thing. But does the bad vibrations here n there until I hold power button then reboots.
And was able to sync to get photos off.

I am going to try a new rom, sorry candykatt ...promise soon as bugs are fixed I will re-install

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 1,004
Many times the stuck power button issue seems okay it may not be. I always tell folks to flick the phone in the back a few times, even if the button feels the click. Flick it. Some are courageous enough to take a swab and alcohol to the contacts for cleaning. Not me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

The Following User Says Thank You to captemo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]