Need Help with My Note

OP Lemon Kush

15th July 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Okay, Now I know I am not the only one with this problem. Also, I know I am one of the FEW people who have this problem.

Story:
I bought the Note the other day from someone, they claimed that the note was stuck in a boot loop. I purchased it, Did a factory restore etc. The phone came on and was working perfectly. THEN the battery died, now I understand what she means by stuck in boot loop.

What happens:
Phone turns on
Starts up
Freezes after about 2 minutes
Reboots & Repeats

Now there have been a couple times I can get it to stay on for about 12 hours then it will just freeze and reboot. I have tried factory firmware restore, I have rooted, I have tried custom Roms, I have unrooted, I have done stock rom. The battery is NOT bad, it holds a charge perfectly well, the Power button is NOT stuck. I have no idea what else I can do, I have tried just about everything and looked all over this site for the past 2 days trying to figure out info on this problem, but so few people are having it that it is basically just looked past.

Any help is MUCH appreciated and I will be very grateful if this issue can be resolved.
17th July 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Burgheim, TX
Thanks Meter: 28

75 posts
More
Have you tried removing the battery / changing the battery / using a different usb/charging cable/ac-dc adapter? Then clear the cache and dalvik cache and reboot. If you can get it to stay on for 12 hours I doubt that you have a serious problem.
18th July 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #4  
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,029

1,527 posts
More
Not sure about power button on this one. It wouldnt freeze, it would just reboot.

I question software on it. If you can get it running long enough to find out what it is running.

I might question more, is it running OS for the right device or possibly was it a clean flash?

Sounds like its running an older 4.2 JB rom......notorious for random reboots. Could be a rom that just may not work on you phone. Mine could run all except Carbon Rom. Dont know why, just couldnt. No biggie, plenty out there.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by captemo; 18th July 2014 at 02:11 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread