[Q] Samsung Note 1

Search This thread

my57chevy

Jan 27, 2012
I was wondering if there was any support for a note 1. I have an old android version of 4.0.4 on my phone. is there a new version on line? If so how do i go about installing it on my phone.
My phone has been running a little slowly these days.

Thanks Mike

B

Braycel

I was wondering if there was any support for a note 1. I have an old android version of 4.0.4 on my phone. is there a new version on line? If so how do i go about installing it on my phone.
My phone has been running a little slowly these days.

Thanks Mike

Hello

What Model Is Exactely ??

My phone is a: Samsung Note 1

Model Number is: Samsung-SGH-I717

Android Version: 4.0.4

Is that the info you are looking for?

Mike

You are in the correct forums. Yay. Last stock for this device was 4.1.2 Jellybean. However there is a bazillion custom Roms that have been developed for this device up to and surpassing this version. Every individual phone behaves slightly different...keep this in mind. There were Telus, Bell wireless, Rogers and AT&T versions of original firmware available on this phone, possibly others. Most customs will likely work though. There are different methods which can be found in these forums of rooting your device and installing a custom recovery with which you can flash custom Roms. Have fun. Read lots and Google is your best friend. The community here can also be very helpful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

I suggest you DO NOT FLASH the sock TW jellybean rom it seems to broke my wifi so it only shows up certain wifi.

Your status 7 on gapps means you were using an outdated recovery. This may very well have been your issue. Though you switched to new cwm, you could have upgraded your twrp to gimmeitorilltell's 2.8.0.0 and you likely would have had no problem.

Sent from my SGH-I717R

Your status 7 on gapps means you were using an outdated recovery. This may very well have been your issue. Though you switched to new cwm, you could have upgraded your twrp to gimmeitorilltell's 2.8.0.0 and you likely would have had no problem.

Sent from my SGH-I717R
Yes yes I am sure I am probably going to update the the twrp after I figure out my WiFi issue... If you know if I'm over looking much appreciate thanks lol