* Creating rootfs [DONE] - Use debootstrap to create a minimal armhf rootfs of Debian testing
* Compile kernel [DONE] - Using the CM11 kernel as a base, compile a kernel with features necessary for Debian
* Booting [DONE] - Boot a kernel that loads the Debian root filesystem natively
* USB OTG [DONE] - Once booted, use USB keyboard and mouse to interact with the device
* WiFi Networking [DONE] - Automatically load the WiFi driver and connect to a wireless network at boot, enabling remote access
* Basic Video [DONE] - Load an X server to display graphical applications on the display
* 3D Acceleration [WIP] - Use the Freedreno driver to accelerate GLES and GL 3D applications
* Screen rotation [TODO] - Figure out if Freedreno can rotate the screen to landscape mode
* Video Acceleration [TODO] - Use the MSM video decoder to accelerate video playback
* Audio [WIP] - Write an ALSA UCM configuration file to map the correct mixer channels to get sound out of internal speaker and/or headphones
* Touch and Pen [WIP] - Pen input seems to work, but touchscreen isn't being detected by X
* Bluetooth [WIP] - I can initialize and scan, but was unable to pair and hold a connection. Useful for keyboard and mouse while charging/externally powering device.
* Mobile Radio [TODO] - Make use of the mobile connection for data, possibly calls if anyone wants to take a shot. I'm not going to work on this.
* Package for release [TODO] - Build a fresh rootfs free of my development changes, copy any necessary stuff, package, and upload.
I plan on developing this simultaneously for the Note i717, Note 3 (N900T), and HP TouchPad as I have all three of these and I should be able to get supported kernels working for all three as well. I'll post pictures as I go, right now I'm still mostly working from an SSH shell over WiFi.
EDIT: Got the same patch applied to the TouchPad and it too is running these programs as shown in the video. Unfortunately the backlight doesn't come on on the TouchPad so it's hard to see anything.
EDIT 2: Colors sorta fixed: http://i.imgur.com/1kmKDOw.jpg I fixed the main picture but the 3D rendered video is now messed up with red and blue swapped.