Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What charging cable? Every cable is trash!!

Tip us?

donkon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default What charging cable? Every cable is trash!!

I am fed up with the garbage charging cables, literally every month I have to buy a new USB cable. I have tried many different companies and they all break after 1 month or less of use. BTW I am travelling Europe so anything here would be great. BTW I've spent about $100 in just USB cables.

P. S

I've just lost my **** because a cable I bought 3 weeks ago stopped working an hour ago. I can't warranty it because like I said I'm traveling.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tuxoa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cables I use

I have two of these:

((Can't Post Links... It's $7.99 on Amazon, just search this "aLLreli® 10ft 3M Premium Gold Plated USB 3.0 Supper Speed Data Sync Charger Charging Braid Cable - Extra Long"))

One for my Note 3, and the other for my Note 12. They are braided, long, and hella durable. I would say my only complaint is that the braided cable is thick, and sometimes hard to coil up to fit in a tight bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkon View Post
I am fed up with the garbage charging cables, literally every month I have to buy a new USB cable. I have tried many different companies and they all break after 1 month or less of use. BTW I am travelling Europe so anything here would be great. BTW I've spent about $100 in just USB cables.

P. S

I've just lost my **** because a cable I bought 3 weeks ago stopped working an hour ago. I can't warranty it because like I said I'm traveling.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 882
I've never had issues with the original cables.. I also use the (prettymuch identical) Note 3 cables.

Just find a Mediamarkt or Saturn or Conrad and look for reinforced gold-plated USB3 cables.

Also, perhaps it's an idea to change your methods of storing the cables. Mine have been everywhere from folded in the bottom of my bag to tangled in a suitcase with tons of junk, never had one break on me.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.