Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,664 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Glass screen protector for the 12.2 - MIME

Tip us?

minionhunter
Old
(Last edited by minionhunter; 30th March 2014 at 06:14 AM.) Reason: Update - now available for preorder
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Glass screen protector for the 12.2 - MIME

UPDATE: Now available for limited preorder at MIME - Thank you MIME and everyone who helped make this a reality!

UPDATE: mime has a glass protector "in development" according to their website, and an OP reports mime should have it ready next week (week of April 1st). I'll update again once it is available. Yea!

After getting the real glass screen protector for my wife's ipad air and the gumdrop bounce skin for it, I don't know if I would want to use any tablet without them. The real glass makes for the most amazing interaction with the device and the bounce skin I find perfect for a tablet, I don't need the extra plastic frame, just a thick silicone skin with oversized corner protection.

Does anyone know if there is a coming glass screen cover?

Mike02z
Old
Thanks Meter 319
I can't locate any. I'm going to send an email to MIME to see if they have it scheduled. I agree, once you go glass, you can never go back to plastic protectors.
HTC One (M8)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P900
Microsoft Surface Pro 128
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02z For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kodochax
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I also have a glass protector for my note 2 . Glass is so much nicer, waiting for some to be announced as well. I did buy a plastic protector in the meantime don't want to risk scratching the screen while I wait for the good stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Device: OnePlus One
ROM:Stock CM 11S
Kernel:Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to kodochax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mike02z
Old
Thanks Meter 319
Here is the response I got from MIME.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and thank you for your support! We are
still gauging demand for Samsung's new tablets. If we receive enough
message requests you can be sure we'll make it happen

Best,
MIME

Here is the link to their contact form. If we all request it, maybe they will build it.

http://mimeusa.com/contact/
HTC One (M8)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02z For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kodochax
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Sent my request Mime is the best.
Device: OnePlus One
ROM:Stock CM 11S
Kernel:Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to kodochax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tonyz3
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Sent my req to Mime.

But a pretty good alternative for now.....http://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Samsung...7KRKD5FKSBVEKK
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyz3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

minionhunter
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
-Snip-

Here is the link to their contact form. If we all request it, maybe they will build it.

http://mimeusa.com/contact/

Thank you for doing this Mike! I replied, and I hope others keep it up and request the glass, even if they are only thinking about it. If you ever try using glass, you will see why absolutely no plastic is comparable. It must be glass or it sucks. I personally wipe mine down frequently, I just have to have that mirror surface. We can debate about if it is better to use TMS-Cl to coat it (think rain-X for a car window, which is likely what the "oleophobic coating" is) [gotta love marketing guys] or just plain glass, but it must be glass. Nothing else will do, it does not matter if you are kinesthetic dominant or not in your learning style, glass is just better.

Hopefully we can get someone to make the glass protector.

ExtremeRyno
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Sent my request. I had no idea these existed, but I had a single grain of sand scratch my screen on my A700 and have felt shame for allowing that to happen ever since. Spending twice as much on this device, I'm going to protect every little bit of it.
Acer Iconia A700 CM11
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Stock (for now...)
MadCatz M.O.J.O.
HTC One X Team Venom ViperXL
The Following User Says Thank You to ExtremeRyno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mike02z
Old
Thanks Meter 319
I have probably tried at least 10 different types of screen protectors and NOTHING is better than real glass. I''ll take my chances until a real glass protector is released.

Thanks for pestering MIME. Hopefully they will make these for us.
HTC One (M8)

Russbad
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default glass-like surface

Anybody tried this Zagg screen protector yet?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zagg-inv...2#tab=overview

This ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD GP2HWS-F0B features military-grade material to protect the screen of your Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 or Galaxy Tab PRO 12.2 from scratches. The thin, glass-like surface maintains clear images and rich colors.

The Following User Says Thank You to Russbad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]