FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stylus Pen with eraser, does it work with with 3rd party apps?

1,473 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By poetryrocksalot, Senior Member on 4th December 2015, 07:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just bought a note 12.2 but I want a stylus pen with eraser functionality so that I can avoid manually toggling the eraser. I know that it works on Samsung apps, sketchbook and other big name software. However, Amazon's question and answer does not make it very clear if it works on smaller 3rd party apps like Lecture Notes.

Can someone test their stylus eraser and see if it works on Lecture Notes (free trial)?

Here is the stylus:
http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Genuine...ylus+note+12.2

Here is the specific app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...testrial&hl=en
Last edited by poetryrocksalot; 4th December 2015 at 07:45 AM. Reason: wrong url

4th December 2015, 10:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yes, it does work on Lecture notes (full version). In settings you can enable button actions.
I don't have your stylus, but I tried with two different pens and both work very well (Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet Pen 4X80F22107 and Wacom Bamboo Smart CS-310)
5th December 2015, 01:22 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Anaheim

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipsomic

Yes, it does work on Lecture notes (full version). In settings you can enable button actions.
I don't have your stylus, but I tried with two different pens and both work very well (Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet Pen 4X80F22107 and Wacom Bamboo Smart CS-310)

Thanks. I think the programmer needs to program it with the API and the feature is not system wide. I'm very happy about this.
5th December 2015, 08:53 AM |#4  

More
btw: the eraser on the top of the pen will not work (when you flip the pen), at least not with my Lenovo pen
5th December 2015, 11:37 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Anaheim

More
Quote:

btw: the eraser on the top of the pen will not work (when you flip the pen), at least not with my Lenovo pen

So do you erase in lecture notes by clicking the stylus button on the side?
6th December 2015, 12:39 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryrocksalot

So do you erase in lecture notes by clicking the stylus button on the side?

Yes, I think it's qicker anyway
6th December 2015, 03:32 AM |#7  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 440

More
This pen might work with squid.
6th December 2015, 04:25 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Anaheim

More
Such a shame that one note is so crap on Android.
6th December 2015, 08:40 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf

This pen might work with squid.

I can confirm this. These pens work excellently with squid (Papyrus). If you additionally buy so-called premium features, you can also use a "true eraser" by pressing the pen button.
And btw: the Lenovo pen is much more pressure sensitive than the Wacom Bamboo.
Last edited by zipsomic; 6th December 2015 at 08:42 AM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to zipsomic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zipsomic Ad-Free
6th December 2015, 11:30 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Anaheim

More
Quote:

I can confirm this. These pens work excellently with squid (Papyrus). If you additionally buy so-called premium features, you can also use a "true eraser" by pressing the pen button.

There are no reviews on the Lenova pen, so I didn't buy it.
7th December 2015, 12:09 AM |#11  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,305

More
Quote:

You do realize pressure sensitivity is determined by the digitizer in the tablet, not the pen...

The NotePro (All versions) have a sensitivity of 1024 levels. The only part of the pens that matter in terms of sensitivity is what they support. (A pen that supports, say, 500 levels, will never offer 1024.)

All Wacom pens support at least 1024 levels.
The Lenovo pen also supports 1024 levels.
Both pens have the exact same sensitivity level on this device.

Obviously the Wacom pen is designed specifically for Note devices as both the pen and the sensors are made by Wacom, whereas the Lenovo is not. I can't say if that affects usability, as I haven't tried the Lenovo pen.

Mind you, I have the regular and carbon versions of the Bamboo Stylus Feel for Note. (There are two versions of both the regular and the Carbon Bamboo Feel, (For Note and for Microsoft) and a lot of people bought the wrong one.)
I've been a Wacom (Intuos and Cintiq) user for years, So yea, I'm a bit biased. I stuck with the brand I know. (Wacom is the professional brand for digital artists, from amateurs to Hollywood).

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)