T-Mobile Expands Its LTE Network

T-Mobile US has announced moreLTE network expansion. The carrierwill provide asignal for the700 MHz band, … more

Kernel Source Available for HTC One M8

HTC pushed the Lollipop-based Sense update to the developer edition of the HTC One M8 just a couple … more

Asus Hints at Upcoming Week-long Battery Smartwatch

Asus hinted that their next smartwatch, succesor to the elegant ZenWatch, could feature … more

Note 4 Full Caller ID Mod

Flash this mod to get a clean full-screen caller ID on your Note 4, which also comes with a Call Recording button … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Market for Note tablet.. looking to buy in next few months.. wait for new model?

OP insang-droid

15th December 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58

172 posts
More
Like the subject says.. I have note 4 and really love the stylus combination. question is..
is there any leaks on next get Note Tablet?
should i wait for the new model?
15th December 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 35

150 posts
More
well actually, this one is still the high end with a great deal currently. Also I am hoping android 5 in january. So I wonder what would be any difference of new one, which will come with andorid 5. . Just cpu ??? and of course high price?
15th December 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
No leaks that i'm aware of. If you want bargain pricing compared to release it's been in the $450 range for a new tablet. As far as new features I can't imagine what a new model would bring to the table other then faster charging and new wifi standards so personally I took the plunge and am happy. The only thing worth waiting for at this point in my opinion is if you're on the fence about getting a windows 8 tablet instead with how well the new intel chips perform.
16th December 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

172 posts
More
What about all this blue screen issues I'm reading about? Should it be a concern? I'm looking to use the note 12 as a workhorse. Leave my laptop at work and use the tablet as the email, document, remote to my laptop deal.
16th December 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #5  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,067

4,296 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by insang-droid

What about all this blue screen issues I'm reading about? Should it be a concern? I'm looking to use the note 12 as a workhorse. Leave my laptop at work and use the tablet as the email, document, remote to my laptop deal.

If you buy a P905 ( The international LTE edition) there aren't any bluescreen, reboot and crash concerns. Those only affect the P900 (WiFi) and the P907A (AT&T)

So far I've seen rumours of a 13" device (Might be a Note, Might not), but nothing on a new 12.2" one.
17th December 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #6  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 54

399 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

If you buy a P905 ( The international LTE edition) there aren't any bluescreen, reboot and crash concerns. Those only affect the P900 (WiFi) and the P907A (AT&T)

So far I've seen rumours of a 13" device (Might be a Note, Might not), but nothing on a new 12.2" one.

13" may be pushing it for me, the 12.2 is pretty large to begin with. At some point it's no longer really a tablet.

The last update from Sammy reportedly resolves the random reboot issue. Since I'm rooted, that's not an issue here as there are "Fixes" for it.
17th December 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #7  
Flag Beyond human comprehension
Thanks Meter: 89

410 posts
More
No screen flickering on my SM-P905 either.

Samsung already made a 13.3 tablet. IF, it were available to purchase, i'd be all over it like a cheap suit. IMO, this is the logical progression of the note pro tablet. I dont care if it has windows or not. Just refine the design (thinner and lighter) and update the specs accordingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I4iPuzSIu8
17th December 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

172 posts
More
It its powerful enough. 13 with a keyboard/trackpad would be amazing.
Then I could truly remote to my laptop and never have to worry about brining my heavy ass laptop around.
Long battery life is a must.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using XDA Free mobile app
19th December 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 6

67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

That's not true. I've p505 and since last update I'm experiencing reboots and crashes. Clean installation didn't help.
19th December 2014, 09:29 AM   |  #10  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,067

4,296 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by perce_ption

That's not true. I've p505 and since last update I'm experiencing reboots and crashes. Clean installation didn't help.

Rooted, by any chance? If the answer is yes, get rid of KNOX. That's causing it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread