FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Official Lollipop Update for NotePro 12.2

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

Post Reply Email Thread
No more waiting, guys! It is here.

Firmware versions for Italy, Switzerland, Luxemburg AND UNITED ARAB EMIRATES released! More to come. Stay it touch: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-P905
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 6sto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 6sto Ad-Free

30th April 2015, 11:41 AM |#2  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,324

More
Interesting. On the Note 3 Italy was the first EU region country to receive 5.0, and now again on the NotePro....

Oh well. I'll wait for a while if you don't mind, too many problems with Lollipop on the Note 3 for my taste. (Same hardware.)
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShadowLea Ad-Free
30th April 2015, 11:50 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Well Spotted!
This is excellent news, thanks for finding it! The lack of any sort of communication on this from Samsung has been disappointing to say the least. The latest version of Touchwiz is miles better, I've really been looking forward to seeing it on the Note Pro.
30th April 2015, 11:52 AM |#4  
Hope the P900 also receive the LP update in next few days

send from my amazing NotePro via Tapatalk
30th April 2015, 12:27 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great news but I'll also wait since lollipop on my note 3 was horrible. Didn't work at all with my pebble so that I went back to 4.4.
Does the use of external SD cards work on 5.02?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
30th April 2015, 02:12 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Fast download link....?
1st May 2015, 12:02 AM |#7  
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

Oh well. I'll wait for a while if you don't mind, too many problems with Lollipop on the Note 3 for my taste. (Same hardware.)

Whats is your problem with lollipop on Note 3?
1st May 2015, 11:00 AM |#8  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,324

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motfis

Whats is your problem with lollipop on Note 3?

The same problems that plague Lollipop everywhere. Bluetooth connectivity issues, WiFi connectivity issues, memory leaks, errors on Contacts and Camera, Deamon battery leaks...

I haven't updated my Note 3 yet. (Erm, since Februari 2014. NB7 works flawlessly, I'm keeping it.) But I handle all Samsung-related claims for one of the largest providers, and Lollipop sings the same tune on all devices.

Add to that the inherit issues known to these devices, such as screen flickering, reboots, bluescreens, and I'm a little hesitant to mess with the firmware. Seeing as how mine hasn't shown any of those issues, which seems to be a rarity here on these boards.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShadowLea Ad-Free
1st May 2015, 12:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

Add to that the inherit issues known to these devices, such as screen flickering, reboots, bluescreens, and I'm a little hesitant to mess with the firmware. Seeing as how mine hasn't shown any of those issues, which seems to be a rarity here on these boards.

And that's because you have good quality international devices (P905 / P9005).

I haven't got any problems with my devices, even though both are rooted, debloated by frozing apps and got Xposed Framework with many modules.

Oh yeah, and I did root them both with Towelroot so Knox Warranty is 0x0 and I am also keeping them running KitKat (mostly because Lollipop got too much white colors, and I don't like that).

@ShadowLea, if there is anything you need root for, go for it!

Sorry for shooting off-topic so bad
The Following User Says Thank You to Spere For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spere Ad-Free
1st May 2015, 01:05 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Having had a number of Samsung devices I'd advise to never upgrade the firmware because they always wreck it and it's not like you can easily go back without tripping knox or whatever. 4.4.2 is doing the job nicely for me and like ShadowLea my Note pro has exhibited no problems other than the less responsive screen whilst charging but that'sa known issue on loads of Samsung devices (and others).
1st May 2015, 02:49 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 868

More
I hope it'll be available for P900 soon too
The Following User Says Thank You to Darktitor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darktitor Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lollipop 5.0.2, notepro 12.2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)