Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more
View Poll Results: Do you get a hot reboot upon P905V(VW Note Pro 12.2)wake up after Towelroot?
Yes 3 75.00%
No 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] P905V Hot Reboot on Wakeup after Towelroot?

OP bbro84

27th August 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
More
I have searched xda feverishly, searching for related issues. Been rooting and modding since Droid Aris days. Please let me know if this is global or not. I have only found one other member here who is also facing this issue on the Verizon Note Pro 12.2. I provided the link to that member's post as well. I wanted to make sure they are noted so if a solution is found, they can be informed. After all, this website is built on the basis of helping each other!

MY POST
"I rooted with a towel root and downloaded from the link provided in the first post. I clicked the "make it ra1n" button and received a message stating you are now rooted, please enjoy. I Installed SU (pro version) by chainsfire from playstore, updated binary using "normal" method and used root checker. It confirmed root access and then it was on to Titanium Backup Pro.

Here is my main issue though. Almost immediately after rooting with this method via the provided link, my P905V started Hot Rebooting itself almost every time i attempt to wake it. Flashed back to stock and started all over. Same thing, clicked "make it ra1n" once and received confirmation of root, installed SU again, did root checker and it confirmed root. It again started hot rebooting upon wake up. It did not do it once on the original firmware, nor when i reflashed before rooting with towel root. I noticed someone else had this issue in another thread but received minimal feedback and nobody else with this issue.

My question, is anyone else having this issue? Anyone know where i should start to determine the cause here? I do not have enough posts to post in the development forums even though i have been a member for some time. I am very familiar with root and the Galaxy Note product line, but I am stumped. I have solved all other issues by reading through posts and finding solutions. This is the first time I am totally lost. All help or suggestions welcome. Thanks."

LINK TO OTHER POST WITH RELATED ISSUE ON SAME MODEL (P905V)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...issue-t2842651
Last edited by bbro84; 27th August 2014 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo
27th August 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

69 posts
I am having the same issue. Happens several times a day but when I was not rooted it never happened.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk
27th August 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag DFW

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrn

I am having the same issue. Happens several times a day but when I was not rooted it never happened.

Same here, and I even tried doing it with only factory installed apps when I reverted back to stock before attempting the second try.
28th August 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag DFW

21 posts
More
Moved to correct forum?
Can a moderator please move to the correct forum? Possibly Dev or Q&A. I should have posted in the correct place initially so my apologies there. Thank you!
5th September 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

16 posts
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro84

I have searched xda feverishly, searching for related issues. Been rooting and modding since Droid Aris days. Please let me know if this is global or not. I have only found one other member here who is also facing this issue on the Verizon Note Pro 12.2. I provided the link to that member's post as well. I wanted to make sure they are noted so if a solution is found, they can be informed. After all, this website is built on the basis of helping each other!

MY POST
"I rooted with a towel root and downloaded from the link provided in the first post. I clicked the "make it ra1n" button and received a message stating you are now rooted, please enjoy. I Installed SU (pro version) by chainsfire from playstore, updated binary using "normal" method and used root checker. It confirmed root access and then it was on to Titanium Backup Pro.

Here is my main issue though. Almost immediately after rooting with this method via the provided link, my P905V started Hot Rebooting itself almost every time i attempt to wake it. Flashed back to stock and started all over. Same thing, clicked "make it ra1n" once and received confirmation of root, installed SU again, did root checker and it confirmed root. It again started hot rebooting upon wake up. It did not do it once on the original firmware, nor when i reflashed before rooting with towel root. I noticed someone else had this issue in another thread but received minimal feedback and nobody else with this issue.

My question, is anyone else having this issue? Anyone know where i should start to determine the cause here? I do not have enough posts to post in the development forums even though i have been a member for some time. I am very familiar with root and the Galaxy Note product line, but I am stumped. I have solved all other issues by reading through posts and finding solutions. This is the first time I am totally lost. All help or suggestions welcome. Thanks."

LINK TO OTHER POST WITH RELATED ISSUE ON SAME MODEL (P905V)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...issue-t2842651

Install Xposed framework then install the sccf module https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...gD7PZemsLHqI4A
Last edited by cgardner2020; 5th September 2014 at 06:49 AM. Reason: typo
7th September 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #6  
Flag Bayview
Thanks Meter: 6

46 posts
More
Interesting.

11th September 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #7  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 139

142 posts
I might be asking the obvious but:

1- Have you tried to clear the cache and dalvik?
2- Have you tried a factory reset?
3- Have you disabled Knox and updaters?
4- Have you tried catlog to see what errors you get during the bootup?
23rd September 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #8  
Flag Mayer, MN
Thanks Meter: 386

1,609 posts
More
Has anyone found a solution to this on the Verizon version? I am considering trading my ipad 4 64gb for a Verizon note pro 12.2 and would like to be able to root with towelroot
29th September 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #9  
oh yeah
Want my boot log? But of course, screen capture exceeds limit size.
18 reboots on the 27 alone, most days are not that bad.

Only reason I want root, is to see what I can come up with multi window

Probably reverting back to stock.
30th September 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #10  
Flag Mayer, MN
Thanks Meter: 386

1,609 posts
More
I rooted mine with towelroot and did not have to enter any codes or anything. No issues at all.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread