FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[SM-P905] Upgrade to Rooted Official Lollipop 5.0.2 - can be downgraded

Thanks Meter: 303

By najoor, Senior Member on 30th April 2015, 07:02 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
** DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I DO THIS AS A HOBBY AND SHARE MY FINDINGS IN CASE SOMEONE ELSE FINDS THEM USEFUL. **
** THIS WORKED ON MY DEVICE BUT IT MAY NOT WORK ON YOURS. APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK **

This has been tested with the Italian firmware released on 4/30/2015, PDA: P905XXUABOD7, CSC: P905ITVABOD7 (of course the language can be set to English after installation). This method should however work for other Lollipop releases as they become available in your region. This method does not trip the knox flag.

Requirements

1- Rooted KitKat (the easiest way to get root is to flash a ROM dated before June 2014 and root it with Towelroot).
2- FlashFire app v 0.17 or higher: The only way to get it is by following the instructions at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...hfire-t3075433

Procedure

1- Make a back up of all your files.
2- Download your Lollipop ROM from Sammobile and unzip the .zip file to get the tar.md5 file. Copy the tar.md5 file to your sdcard.
3- Run FlashFire. Tap the +, Flash Firmware Package, and select the tar.md5 file. It will scan the file and opens a menu of option to choose.
4- Choose: Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Preloaded/Hidden.
Also choose Highly recommended but optional: Modem Firmware (modem.bin) and Firmware (NON-HLOS). If you select these you should answer NO when it asks you "You are flashing both normal and ..."
The rest should be unchecked. Now tap the check mark at the top right corner of the dialog box.
5- When that is done, FlashFire adds two items to the list of actions: Process Cache and EverRoot. Open process cache and uncheck all the items. Open EverRoot and select Inject SuperSU and unckeck the other options.
6- Tap the + again and choose Wipe. Select System, Dalvik, and Cache. I highly recommend that you check 3rd party apps too, which will erase your existing apps and settings but it will give you a clean install. Do not select Internal storage unless you want your internal SD card erased too.
7- Tap and hold to move the boxes containing the actions to get them in this order: Wipe, Flash Firmware Package, followed by the rest.
8- Tap the Reboot box and select Reboot to Recovery.
9- Hit the FLASH sign at the bottom of the page and hit OK. THE SCREEN WILL GO COMPLETELY BLANK DURING THE FLASHING OPERATION. Do not freak out. This is a bug in the tool and will hopefully be fixed in a future version. After 5-10 minutes your tablet reboots. If it takes longer than 20 minutes something is wrong.
10- During the first reboot it may take 5-10 minutes before you get the initial setup dialog. (If it takes longer than 20 minutes something is wrong.) Complete it and you will be on rooted Lollipop.
TiP: Settings -> General -> Security -> Security Policy Updates -> Uncheck Automatic Updates, and also Settings -> General -> About Device -> Software Updates -> Uncheck Auto Updates

Troubleshooting
If after the upgrade you suspect something does not work, install Flashfire on your rooted lollipop and start from step 4 again.

Downgrade

If you are not happy with the results, or something goes wrong, download a KitKat firmware from Sammobile and flash it in ODIN. Make sure to clean cache and data in recovery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-19-19-34.jpg
Views:	1132
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	3290900   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-19-19-48.jpg
Views:	1118
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	3290901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-19-20-34.png
Views:	1116
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	3290902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-19-19-34.jpg
Views:	1132
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	3290900   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-19-19-48.jpg
Views:	1118
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	3290901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-31-19-20-34.png
Views:	1116
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	3290902  
Last edited by najoor; 11th May 2015 at 11:55 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to najoor For This Useful Post: [ View ]

30th April 2015, 11:19 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by najoor

** DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. I DO THIS AS A HOBBY AND SHARE MY FINDINGS IN CASE SOMEONE ELSE FINDS THEM USEFUL. **
** THIS WORKED ON MY DEVICE BUT IT MAY NOT WORK ON YOURS. APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK **

This has been tested with the Italian firmware released on 4/30/2015, PDA: P905XXUABOD7, CSC: P905ITVABOD7. This method should however work for other Lollipop releases as they become available in your region. This method does not trip the knox flag.

Requirements

1- Rooted KitKat (the easiest way to get root is to flash a ROM dated before July 2014 and root it with Towelroot).
2- FlashFire app v 0.16 or higher: The only way to get it is by following the instructions at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...hfire-t3075433
3- SuperSU update zip version 2.46 or higher.

Procedure

1- Make a back up of all your files
2- Download your Lollipop ROM from Sammobile, unzip it and copy the tar.md5 file to your sdcard
3- Download SuperSU update zip and copy it to the sdcard.
4- Run FlashFire.
5- Tap the +, Flash Firmware Package, and select the tar.md5 file. It will scan the file and opens a menu of option to choose.
6- Choose: Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Preloaded/Hidden.
Optional: Modem Firmware (modem.bin) and Firmware (NON-HLOS). If you select these you should answer NO when it asks you "You are flashing both normal and ..."
The rest should be unchecked. Now tap the check mark at the top right corner of the dialog box.
7- When that is done, FlashFire adds two items to the list of actions: Process Cache and EverRoot. Open each one and uncheck all the items under both
8- Tap the + again and choose Wipe. Select System, Dalvik, and Cache. I highly recommend that you check 3rd party apps too, which will erase your existing apps and settings but it will give you a clean install. Do not select Internal storage unless you want your internal SD card erased too.
9- Tap the + again, Flash Zip or OTA, and select the SuperSU update Zip. Leave Automount unchecked
10- Tap and hold to move the boxes containing the actions to get them in this order: Wipe, Flash Firmware Package, Flash Zip or OTA, followed by the rest.
11- Hit the FLASH sign at the bottom of the page and hit OK. THE SCREEN WILL GO COMPLETELY BLANK DURING THE FLASHING OPERATION. Do not freak out. This is a bug in the tool and will hopefully be fixed in a future version. After 5-10 minutes your tablet reboots. If it takes longer than 20 minutes something is wrong.
12- During the first reboot it may take 5-10 minutes before you get the initial setup dialog. (If it takes longer than 20 minutes something is wrong.) Complete it and you will be on rooted Lollipop.
TiP: Settings -> General -> Security -> Security Policy Updates -> Uncheck Automatic Updates, and also Settings -> General -> About Device -> Software Updates -> Uncheck Auto Updates

Downgrade

If you are not happy with the results, or something goes wrong, download a KitKat firmware from Sammobile and flash it in ODIN. Make sure to clean cache and data in recovery.

Thank you very much for this!
I wonder if could you please attach the odin files as you did with 4.4.2 thread.
Thanks in advance.
1st May 2015, 02:26 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I guess Xposed will not work on our lovely Touchwizzed-Lolipop device?
Please let me know if anyone tried it.
1st May 2015, 04:35 AM |#4  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by perce_ption

I guess Xposed will not work on our lovely Touchwizzed-Lolipop device?
Please let me know if anyone tried it.

Don't need to try.... Straight from the developer...

https://github.com/rovo89/XposedTool...mment-96386801
1st May 2015, 06:48 AM |#5  
Flag Mosul
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Screenshots
Please can u post screenshots for the updated apps or launcher!!
I have sm-p901
Last edited by IbrahimGla; 1st May 2015 at 07:26 AM.
2nd May 2015, 11:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks. Follow the instructions exactly and everything works.

PS: Set from Singapore.
3rd May 2015, 01:45 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
works great, thanks

(sm-p905) italy.
4th May 2015, 07:01 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Impossible
can't even register at the website to download the Rom. Its impossible to solve the puzzle- even though Ke done it 22 times!!!website to d
ownload the Rom. Its impossible to solve the puzzle- even though Ke done it 22 times!!! HELP!
4th May 2015, 07:41 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 303

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdjoX

can't even register at the website to download the Rom. Its impossible to solve the puzzle- even though Ke done it 22 times!!!website to d
ownload the Rom. Its impossible to solve the puzzle- even though Ke done it 22 times!!! HELP!

did you try to register from a mobile device? If so try to register from a PC or a laptop and download the files there.
The Following User Says Thank You to najoor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2015, 01:35 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Thanks for the instructions.

Does anyone have a flashable bootloader package? From experience Lollipop is unstable with the old bootloader....at least it was on the N9005.

EDIT: Have successfully upgraded. Initially left the Apps and data but the tablet got stock on "checking connection" during the initial setup. A fectory reset did dix that but also cleared the internal Sd card
Last edited by ewok666; 6th May 2015 at 04:05 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread