Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 44,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wth!!! blue screen then fade to black

Tip us?

wojo797
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Default wth!!! blue screen then fade to black

So i was using my 907a playing injustice God's amongst us and right in the middle of play the screen goes blue and then the tablet shuts off. I hooked it up to my charger, no charging lights..this thing appears to be dead. Hopefully my Att insurance Will cover this...it was rooted but only do i could do the sdcard fix....any suggestions...i have had lot of devices this is a first
The Following User Says Thank You to wojo797 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Wonder if the tablet or the battery overheated. Let it sit on the charger overnight. Hope that is all it was.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzy996 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wojo797
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
I honestly think it was the game...i got the tablet to boot into recovery and then rebooted it.so then i started to play the game again and bang blue screen. Same process, reboot into recovery and record....i could not get the tab to just turn on. After the last time i got it back on i have watched 3 hours of straight video and no problems.this was strange i have never had a device do this so we will see what happens.i uninstalled the game to be on the safe side
The Following User Says Thank You to wojo797 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drengland
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm just wondering if perhaps you are using Nova Launcher. I have had a blue screen 2 times now and on this last one yesterday it coincided with an update for Nova (play store was on auto update...) I managed to reboot with home and power button.
The Following User Says Thank You to drengland For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wojo797
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Yeah actually i am using nova...i use it on my g3 and nexus 7 too...I'll have to look into that thanks

DocWllk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Tablet Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojo797 View Post
So i was using my 907a playing injustice God's amongst us and right in the middle of play the screen goes blue and then the tablet shuts off. I hooked it up to my charger, no charging lights..this thing appears to be dead. Hopefully my Att insurance Will cover this...it was rooted but only do i could do the sdcard fix....any suggestions...i have had lot of devices this is a first
Just chimming in to say me too. Mine doesn't fade to black though, it just stays blue until I hit the power button then goes black and reboots. A few times it stayed blue until I held the power and volume buttons and rebooted like you did. I came here to try and find the stock rom for the At&t 12.2 and happened to see your comment. Nothing I have tried works. I used rom manager to fix permissions but with certain apps it just does not want to run right.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocWllk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eliphion
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey! I get the exact same thing when playing Boom Beach. Im also using Nova Launcher. The screen goes blue, then fades to black and I have to reboot into recovery to get the tablet to turn back on. I havent played Injustice enough to notice it with that game, and I dont see it happen with Clash of Clans, or any other non intensive game. I chalked it up to overheating, but the Nova Launcher bit seems to be a common issue with us as well. Maybe it's Nova?
The Following User Says Thank You to Eliphion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

torreon901
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliphion View Post
Hey! I get the exact same thing when playing Boom Beach. Im also using Nova Launcher. The screen goes blue, then fades to black and I have to reboot into recovery to get the tablet to turn back on. I havent played Injustice enough to notice it with that game, and I dont see it happen with Clash of Clans, or any other non intensive game. I chalked it up to overheating, but the Nova Launcher bit seems to be a common issue with us as well. Maybe it's Nova?
well i have not used nova on my 907a but i have notice the more farr you go form stock the more unstable the tablet behaves. at this point im just on stock rooted after trying several modes, I will stay like this until IF EVER some one builts a nice room for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to torreon901 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DogBoy415
Old
(Last edited by DogBoy415; 14th September 2014 at 01:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Blue Screen On SamSung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojo797 View Post
Just wanted to tell everyone else I'm having the same issue too. This started last week while I was in class using Samsung App Hword 2014 for a class report I made sure to save what I was doing but didn't save the 2nd half of my report. When I got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH..Last night I was playing Assassin's Creed Pirates and a few hours ago had this Tab crash on me with the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH... Oh I also forgot to say that sometime it doesn't show key pad when you wake up the tablet for some reason I think Samsung needs to roll out an update fix for this.So anyone can get access to you tablet even if your tablet is setup for security key pin.

I hope this helps.

I did a chat with Samsung and they told me to clean my cache go to recovery mode.

power off the tablet, then hold the vol. up home button and power. That brings you to the recovery mode use the vol.button to clear cache and then reboot. I'm still testing it out. Seeing if this happens again but most likely will be returning it because I got a defective Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 32 gig AT&T..

I recommend register your tablet on Samsung web site and report this I got a clam ID for record on my account. I think Samsung knows about this because they also said if my screen went from blue to black. Mine was stuck on blue and it rebooted.