Ask a question

No registration required

Office for Android Tablets Preview

OP indotoonster

7th November 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Well, it looks like Microsoft is finally inching closer towards releasing Microsoft Office for Android tablets, and I'm sure quite a lot of you with Note Pro 12.2" tablets would be interested to try it out.
(sorry, can't post links yet, but just google for 'office android tablet', there is a lot of information released on news sites in the last 24 hours.)

Unfortunately, the preview sign-up says they are only supporting tablets 7" - 10.1"
I tried signing up for a preview and chose 10.1" but when it asked for the tablet model I chose other and typed in "Samsung Galaxy Note Pro"... I guess I might get rejected

Can anyone share their experiences if they've been able to get the preview running on the Note Pro?
7th November 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 167

156 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indotoonster

Well, it looks like Microsoft is finally inching closer towards releasing Microsoft Office for Android tablets, and I'm sure quite a lot of you with Note Pro 12.2" tablets would be interested to try it out.
(sorry, can't post links yet, but just google for 'office android tablet', there is a lot of information released on news sites in the last 24 hours.)

Unfortunately, the preview sign-up says they are only supporting tablets 7" - 10.1"
I tried signing up for a preview and chose 10.1" but when it asked for the tablet model I chose other and typed in "Samsung Galaxy Note Pro"... I guess I might get rejected

Can anyone share their experiences if they've been able to get the preview running on the Note Pro?

try this apk

edit: wrong apk, sorry
Last edited by bonuzzz; 7th November 2014 at 04:00 AM.
14th November 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 22

99 posts
More
I grabbed the apk off my phone and dropped on my P900; it's working great but only in portrait mode. I tried to force it into landscape mode ( I'm on CM11 ) and it completely crashed the tablet, so ... If you want to try it, grab "MyAppSharer" to isolate the apk file for exporting.
30th November 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

38 posts
Can someone please post the apk's? I am a beta tester but use a nvidia shield tablet... Won't let me download..

Thanks

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using XDA Free mobile app
30th November 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Also a beta tester
Im also a beta tester but don't have a device to take the apk. from. Has anyone figure out a way to download the apk if u don't have a eligible device.
2nd December 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #6  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 54

382 posts
More
I've tried several ways, no luck so far. It's driving me nuts as the Note 10.1 2014 works with it and our resolutions are identical.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
6th December 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #7  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 254

412 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdo

I've tried several ways, no luck so far. It's driving me nuts as the Note 10.1 2014 works with it and our resolutions are identical.

Try this link: Install MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.

Worked for me on my Note 12.2 (P901). Works in landscape mode, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to gcrutchr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #8  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 54

382 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrutchr

Try this link: Install MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.

Worked for me on my Note 12.2 (P901). Works in landscape mode, too.

Worked awesome. Very nice for a beta. Perfect for the 12.2.

10th December 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #9  
Flag Silicon Valley, CA.. Portland, OR..
Thanks Meter: 10

28 posts
More
Thumbs up
Here's the link to the newest Office for MS Android APK installable on Note 12. It's available free so it's not warez. Some tinkering to get in in Landscape may be required. Enjoy.
10th December 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

52 posts
Not sure you will get the automatic updates to office if downloaded from that site.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread