Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Keis 3 does not backup everything

OP petercohen

21st October 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

115 posts
Hello, since my system had been unstable recently, I used Keis to backup my Note PRO and did a hardware reset. I selected all to backup everything and also selected all to recover everything. Unfortunately, after the recovery, I found:

1. Some settings were set incorrectly or disappeared.
2. One photo became corrected
3. Stored passwords to google, yahoo, Facebook are gone. I need to re-enter everything
4. The mails that I sent to people using the mail address from my phone company are all gone.

So, Keis 3 is not a reliable app to backup the device?
Yesterday, 01:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Keis 3 is not a complete backup software it will only save samsung and minor system settings. You need to be rooted to backup data files which hold most of what you have missing.

It's sad that we can't have a full backup of all needed settings and files. There are some solutions like https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackup&hl=en_GB Helium which is the only 9 new that will not need rooting the device.

Wish you the best in your journey
Chris

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread