Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updates?

Tip us?

Jweimn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Updates?

I know I usualy do not ask these things and I know we really cannot tell for sure or ever truly know but what are the odds of us actually seeing android updates for this tablet? It really does seem like this was the flagship for all of a month and now Samsung is focused more on the Tab S line now. Am I the only one that seems to think that? I think it would be great if it werent true and we recieved an update to 4.4.4 and even L but I just am not sure thats gonna happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jweimn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gatsrom
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jweimn View Post
I know I usualy do not ask these things and I know we really cannot tell for sure or ever truly know but what are the odds of us actually seeing android updates for this tablet? It really does seem like this was the flagship for all of a month and now Samsung is focused more on the Tab S line now. Am I the only one that seems to think that? I think it would be great if it werent true and we recieved an update to 4.4.4 and even L but I just am not sure thats gonna happen.
We will but it will probably be a while. Samsung is notorious for being slow out the gate with updates and never speeding up lol. We will receive 4.4.4 and L, which I'll worry about when it's out. No point in worrying about something not out yet really.

I'm not seeing much I needed updated at the moment, a little of a tangent but is there a function/fix/feature that you were looking for?
The Following User Says Thank You to Gatsrom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FreshlyBrewed
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsrom View Post
We will but it will probably be a while. Samsung is notorious for being slow out the gate with updates and never speeding up lol. We will receive 4.4.4 and L, which I'll worry about when it's out. No point in worrying about something not out yet really.

I'm not seeing much I needed updated at the moment, a little of a tangent but is there a function/fix/feature that you were looking for?
If I could give my 2 cents then personally all I'm after is the USB audio and reduced audio latency, the huge touchscreen would be great for making music. Most of the other features that make things pretty in Android L can be emulated to a certain degree with a decent launcher as far as I'm concerned and I have no complaints about battery life on the NP so Volta isn't a big issue for me,

Gatsrom
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshlyBrewed View Post
If I could give my 2 cents then personally all I'm after is the USB audio and reduced audio latency, the huge touchscreen would be great for making music. Most of the other features that make things pretty in Android L can be emulated to a certain degree with a decent launcher as far as I'm concerned and I have no complaints about battery life on the NP so Volta isn't a big issue for me,
Oh ok, that's going to be kernel wise. Ya you might have to wait a little for that then.