FORUMS

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

New Tablet

201 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

By Illusive Man, Senior Member on 20th June 2015, 06:02 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just got my Note Pro and this thing is huge. Formerly, I have owned the Note 10.1 and Note 10.1 2014 edition. I also use a Note 4. I have looked at other tablet, but I'm kinda hooked on the multiwindow and and s-pan handwriting. It is a fast way for me to take notes. I'm a preacher and use my tablet for sermon prep and during sermons, so the additional screen real estate is a boost for me. Look forward to playing with this things. I have already rooted and installed a custom ROM (better speed and battery life). Look forward to everything I can learn on this forum.

22nd June 2015, 05:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Got mine on Friday. Rooted and attempted to debloat myself.

Loving the tablet even though it's not up to date (not even 4.4.4 lol). Nova launcher plus a few xposed mods filled the void though.

Kinda sucks the community isn't as active due to slow update rollout but I look forward to trying out some of the active developed ROMs for the P900.
22nd June 2015, 02:59 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Champaign

More
I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the ROM, but a well-known and respected developer has a customer ROM for the Note Pro that I'm running now and finding that I gained some performance and battery life, as well as what seems like unlimited customization (especially when combined with xposed).
The Following User Says Thank You to Illusive Man For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2015, 06:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
I love mine too. Give inkredible a try, I think its great. Also lecture notes might be useful for you.
15th July 2015, 06:02 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive Man

Just got my Note Pro and this thing is huge. Formerly, I have owned the Note 10.1 and Note 10.1 2014 edition. I also use a Note 4. I have looked at other tablet, but I'm kinda hooked on the multiwindow and and s-pan handwriting. It is a fast way for me to take notes. I'm a preacher and use my tablet for sermon prep and during sermons, so the additional screen real estate is a boost for me. Look forward to playing with this things. I have already rooted and installed a custom ROM (better speed and battery life). Look forward to everything I can learn on this forum.

Noticed you're a preacher... might want to try out MySword, to which there are plenty of freebie commentaries and even a few extra bible versions floating about.

I got my 12.2 the day before Lollipop was released. An adventure (not good) involving the Logitech keyboard ensued, but since I'd just bought that as well I was able to send it back and buy the less flashy but perhaps even better service-wise Samsung keyboard -- and for just a bit over 30 bucks on Ebay. Love this baby. Stuck a 128g microsd in it with over 10,000 books of mine -- tons of Christian teaching and theology of every variety along with an even bigger mystery book collection.

The word processor on this thing is perfect for my use. A laptop that's Android. A tablet that's... well, hugely Android. The samsung mouse I ordered should be here soon, and then I guess we're just about there. Hehehehe...

As a long-time believer in root, root, root, I have done that as well, which allowed me to ditch some of the sillier ad-ons but keep the basic Samsung s-pen and other niceties. Quite happy.

Blessngs.
The Following User Says Thank You to shonkin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2015, 12:48 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Champaign

More
Right now I"m using LOGOS Bible software (which I really like). I have the very basic package, but that includes a lot. While I was waiting for mine to arrive, I used a paper Bible at church and got laughed at because for years no one has seen me use one! All of my sermons and teaching notes are on my tablet. I don't use a keyboard. I have gotten very good using the handwriting (I use an app called Stylus Beta because it takes up less screen real estate than the Samsung keyboard). I also use a full sized stylus for comfort.
The Following User Says Thank You to Illusive Man For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2015, 01:59 PM |#7  
Moderator Committee - Life Can't Beat Me
Flag Glosta
Thanks Meter: 5,470

More
Quote:

Just got my Note Pro and this thing is huge. Formerly, I have owned the Note 10.1 and Note 10.1 2014 edition. I also use a Note 4. I have looked at other tablet, but I'm kinda hooked on the multi-window and and s-pan handwriting. It is a fast way for me to take notes. I'm a preacher and use my tablet for sermon prep and during sermons, so the additional screen real estate is a boost for me. Look forward to playing with this things. I have already rooted and installed a custom ROM (better speed and battery life). Look forward to everything I can learn on this forum.

I've been a fan of the note series from the original, the s-pen and multi-windows have always added the functionality I've needed. I upgraded from the Note 10.1 about a year ago, and I've gotta say the increased pixel density and screen size make this the perfect tab for me. It is big, it is heavy, but that screen real estate makes it the perfect tab for professionals, or those wanting to get maximum productivity from their tab. I also have a Tab S 8.4, it's perfect for reading books or light gaming, but for anything else I find myself reaching for my Note Pro. I've never had a issue with performance, be it on a stock ROM or custom, the octa-core CPU and 3 GB of RAM still power through all the task I throw at it, the GPU is getting a little dated compared to some newer offerings, but runs everything I need it to at a smooth frame rate. Overall, best tab I've ever owned, keep it up Samsung! (and please give us some stock theme options, touchwiz is still damn ugly! albeit slightly improved in Lollipop)

Quote:

I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the ROM, but a well-known and respected developer has a customer ROM for the Note Pro that I'm running now and finding that I gained some performance and battery life, as well as what seems like unlimited customization (especially when combined with xposed).

No problem you mentioning the ROM you run, especially if you point out the benefits and or bugs. I was running hyperdrive from the get-go, nice ROM, lots of customization options and performance tweaks. Could not help flashing a stock Lollipop ROM a month or so ago, very happy with it. Some have experienced battery drain issues, but I've not had this problem. Now if we could get a port of Remix OS, I could see great potential for the Note Pro as a surface replacement, especially now Microsoft have released Office for Android
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread