FORUMS

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] will there be a 2015 edition?

4th January 2015, 10:34 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
So im thinking of replacing my note 4 with this or the 10 inch tab, any chance of a 2015 note tablet? Or am i safe getting a 2014 version

Also how does this compare with a note 4?
My note 4 lags alot (thinking its defective) and i only use it at home as its not my primary phone.
 
 
4th January 2015, 04:22 PM |#2  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,187
 
More
It hasn't been announced, but if it will happen, it'll be at the CES 2015, which starts 2 days from now, from 6-9 january.

There have been no leaks whatsoever, so I rather doubt it. They were working on a 13" device, so perhaps that's the next version. I'd wait until 10 january. If it hasn't been announced by then, it probably won't be any time soon.

Your Note 4 should not lag. Have you tried a factory reset?
4th January 2015, 06:30 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

It hasn't been announced, but if it will happen, it'll be at the CES 2015, which starts 2 days from now, from 6-9 january.

There have been no leaks whatsoever, so I rather doubt it. They were working on a 13" device, so perhaps that's the next version. I'd wait until 10 january. If it hasn't been announced by then, it probably won't be any time soon.

Your Note 4 should not lag. Have you tried a factory reset?

Yes, ive tried a reset and eveything else to fix it.

So its best to wait till after CES to buy a note tablet?
4th January 2015, 07:21 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeleyXda

Yes, ive tried a reset and eveything else to fix it.

So its best to wait till after CES to buy a note tablet?

Press releases will probably hit today, Monday and Tuesday. But they could wait until Barcelona, that's around the time when they normally announce their new phones, so they might push a tablet announcement out until then.
4th January 2015, 10:02 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Id be ok waiting till march, but this is going on my verizon tablet line. And as far as im aware theres usually a gap between the tablets release and when verizon releases their LTE model.

Would be it be unwise to get the pro, and use it till the next one comes out on verizon? (Im estimating a late 2015 release date for the verizon LTE model if they do releas a new tablet)
5th January 2015, 05:07 AM |#6  
there is a rumored 10.1 2015 edition that has been spotted in name only so far on some advertising. I had the original Note 10.1 then got the Note 10.1 2014 and was very pleased, the super slow recharge was partial reasoning for me to give it to my gf and then got the Verizon Note 12.2 Pro LTE for the Qualcomm chip that I thought had the quick charge function on the chipset. It does charge pretty fast but for how much I spoent I thought it would have had the Note 4 type Fast Charge. I was able to root the Verizon tablet but future versions after the 4.4.2 exploit will close that loophole. I personally dont understand that they make it so difficult by having a locked bootloader on Verizon. I paid $1000 for the tablet, I want to do whatever I want to it! I love the size vs the 10.1, which feels small now as I have adjust to the bigger screens.

The price point is the issue. In Future, I would just get the WiFi only model as that is usually the version for anything custom (ROMS, recovery, kernel) and are usually widely supported more in my opinion. I'd love to see a Super AMOLED, uses less power, 2k version (whatever the Note 4 specs are) for 12.2 Note Pro. I would love for them to have the fast charge feature just like the NOTE 4, the newer air command of Note 4 vs Note 3/10.1/12.2, Camera improvements passed along, 3 or 4 GB of RAM, larger batteries, thinner bezel. The updated stylus that is more responsive. this is an evolutionary tablet, which I am fine with...
5th January 2015, 07:10 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aburns7487

there is a rumored 10.1 2015 edition that has been spotted in name only so far on some advertising. I had the original Note 10.1 then got the Note 10.1 2014 and was very pleased, the super slow recharge was partial reasoning for me to give it to my gf and then got the Verizon Note 12.2 Pro LTE for the Qualcomm chip that I thought had the quick charge function on the chipset. It does charge pretty fast but for how much I spoent I thought it would have had the Note 4 type Fast Charge. I was able to root the Verizon tablet but future versions after the 4.4.2 exploit will close that loophole. I personally dont understand that they make it so difficult by having a locked bootloader on Verizon. I paid $1000 for the tablet, I want to do whatever I want to it! I love the size vs the 10.1, which feels small now as I have adjust to the bigger screens.

The price point is the issue. In Future, I would just get the WiFi only model as that is usually the version for anything custom (ROMS, recovery, kernel) and are usually widely supported more in my opinion. I'd love to see a Super AMOLED, uses less power, 2k version (whatever the Note 4 specs are) for 12.2 Note Pro. I would love for them to have the fast charge feature just like the NOTE 4, the newer air command of Note 4 vs Note 3/10.1/12.2, Camera improvements passed along, 3 or 4 GB of RAM, larger batteries, thinner bezel. The updated stylus that is more responsive. this is an evolutionary tablet, which I am fine with...

A family member has the 10.5 Tab S, which is a bit newer than the notepro and it even that doesnt have QuickCharge or Usb 3.0
Note pro and Tab S are already 2k/3gb ram, and i dnt see the need for a 4k android tablet.

Im in a contact for a tablet line anyways, so might as well get the LTE model and plus im not a fan of the exynos chips.

Still not sure if if i should get the notepro or wait, i use my note 4 for drawing, multitasking browsing/media/notes/other apps.
5th January 2015, 07:59 AM |#8  
I totally agree agree with agree with your observations as well. I was merely speculating what I personally would like to see. I prefer the Qualcomm chips as 805 has the quick charge feature built in. The WiFi Exnoys is getting all the custom support at least in US, as the p905v (has locked bootloader, stupid verizon). If the bootloader was unlocked my opinion would greatly change. I want to see a note version of the tab S, since they finally used a super ambled screen, thus uses less power on lighting up the screen as the black diodes use no power and let's do. Maybe I was meaning 4G of RAM, that is just to keep everything running smoothly. I much prefer the 12.2 screen size over the 10.1 as I have become use to the larger screen size, now the 10.1 seems too small. It all depends on how much you are using it. I suppose I just felt the need to have the next new toy. I do think the USB 3, never got utilized so them going back to USB 2.0 as long as it has the new fast charger adapter, same one as Note 4, thus making things interchangeable. If it must be LTE then so be it.

If you are just getting a hold over tablet for your drawing then I think maybe ok to buy. I was jus a little disappointed especially since I paid 1000 vs say 750 for LTE version of. Verizon.....

My personal wish list is what I was referring to. I'm sorry for hijacking the thread. If money isn't an issue then get note 12.2 pro LTE.....note 10.1 2014 p600 isn't bad either and has custom support, but again. I was on WiFi only versions previous to this p905v, so my knowledge is purely based on my on usage.




Sent from my SM-P905V using XDA Free mobile app
5th January 2015, 04:05 PM |#9  
andyfarmery's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I bought a 12.2 lte as soon as it was released here, and I was pretty impressed with the snapdragon performance after several exynos phones and tablets - after lots of tweaking (bye bye touchwiz) extremely satisfied with the performance.
Then came the Note 4 lte. Everything I was expecting - way better than the 12.2 out of the box, and after heavy tweaking (bye bye touchwiz) I'm extremely happy with my Note 4.

So, if you're not happy with a Note 4, you'll hate a 12.2 and should wait for the next generation. When is a 13" Note coming? I want one!
5th January 2015, 05:57 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfarmery

I bought a 12.2 lte as soon as it was released here, and I was pretty impressed with the snapdragon performance after several exynos phones and tablets - after lots of tweaking (bye bye touchwiz) extremely satisfied with the performance.
Then came the Note 4 lte. Everything I was expecting - way better than the 12.2 out of the box, and after heavy tweaking (bye bye touchwiz) I'm extremely happy with my Note 4.

So, if you're not happy with a Note 4, you'll hate a 12.2 and should wait for the next generation. When is a 13" Note coming? I want one!

Its not that i dont like the device, just that it freezes and lags a lot And i rather not pay samsung to fix it. The note 4 isnt even my main line, so it doesnt leave the house, i use it as a tablet.

What makes the 12.2 bad?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes