FORUMS

flashing the stock rom from SM-P907A to SM-P905

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By ATLNP, Junior Member on 15th August 2014, 08:32 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all

So far I succeeded to root my note pro 12.2, but I failed to flash the OS to a different region. I am trying to change the stock rom from P907AUCU1AND7 to P905XXUANC3. Anyone has an idea how I can do that?
 
 
15th August 2014, 02:44 PM |#2  
nrage23's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 443
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLNP

Hi all

So far I succeeded to root my note pro 12.2, but I failed to flash the OS to a different region. I am trying to change the stock rom from P907AUCU1AND7 to P905XXUANC3. Anyone has an idea how I can do that?

They are different models. The 905 firmware will not work on a 907.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using XDA Premium HD app
6th August 2015, 12:26 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
trying to do the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrage23

They are different models. The 905 firmware will not work on a 907.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using XDA Premium HD app



SM-P907A and SM-905 are identical machine specs so should work. what method did you use to root?

I was thinking of the towelroot website to do mine but won't if I can't flash stock samsung lollipop
6th August 2015, 12:42 AM |#4  
GalaxyNotesTx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
I don't think it can work with a locked 907A as I have one.. I rooted mine via Towelroot, but flashed back to stock to get future updates , actually, I took a small update yesterday from att&t ota about 114mb.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using XDA Premium HD app
7th August 2015, 05:43 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Returned SM-907A to BestBuy and then ordered Sm-905 from amazon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyNotesTx

I don't think it can work with a locked 907A as I have one.. I rooted mine via Towelroot, but flashed back to stock to get future updates , actually, I took a small update yesterday from att&t ota about 114mb.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using XDA Premium HD app

I chickened out and returned mine to BestBuy yesterday. I purchased SM-90A from BestBuy and activated on At&T (loved it) but then requestd unlock code from At&T and got a letter from them saying they would not provide it as they are no longer supporting SM-907A. I showed document to Samsung rep, Geek Squad rep, and At&T rep and they were baffled so they gave me my money back.
At&T rep cannot remove bootloader lock even if you own it.

Will update if I get more info. I know my SM-905 will be have slower Internet but I will be able to make and receive calls on it via my current google voice number.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes