[Q] flipboard problem after twrp restore

OP angus454

28th August 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 22

99 posts
More
After a successful restore of my 12.2 900, I've had problems with flipboard ... the app... showing images. It launches, and I'll get the usual updating circle like icons, but instead of loading the thumbnails for the stories I see icons that look like downward pointing arrows. If I go into an article, I will get images, but that's it. I have cleared data, cache, force stopped, rebooted.... This is a system app so I am very hesitant to remove or disable it, as doing that with a different system app is what boot looped the tablet and forced e to do the restore initially. I really miss having this app working, any advice would be great. For what it's worth, all photos are still there in the magazine ux. Thanks again.
28th August 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 22

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angus454

After a successful restore of my 12.2 900, I've had problems with flipboard ... the app... showing images. It launches, and I'll get the usual updating circle like icons, but instead of loading the thumbnails for the stories I see icons that look like downward pointing arrows. If I go into an article, I will get images, but that's it. I have cleared data, cache, force stopped, rebooted.... This is a system app so I am very hesitant to remove or disable it, as doing that with a different system app is what boot looped the tablet and forced e to do the restore initially. I really miss having this app working, any advice would be great. For what it's worth, all photos are still there in the magazine ux. Thanks again.

Quick update: I'm downloading the newly released debloated ROM... check this areas Android development section... and am going to start fresh instead of devoting more troubleshooting time to the current ROM. the advantage I see in the new rom is the flipboard.apk has been removed, so when I install it after flashing, I'll be getting a non-system app that will be safer to work with if I have similar problems down the road.

Many thanks to those who read the original post, much appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread