Ask a question

No registration required

How to set the screenshot resolution?

OP petercohen

29th August 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

121 posts
Hello, as we all know, we could capture the screen by pressing the button on the S-Pen while it is touching the screen. Is the resolution the same as the one set in the Camera app? Is there a way to set the resolution of screen capture and possibly screen video recording independently from that in the Camera app?
29th August 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 191

835 posts
To get a screen shot at native resolution hold the power and home buttons simultaneously. A white border will be displayed briefly if you are successful. The image will be saved to your gallery.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzy996 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #3  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 995

3,989 posts
More
The setting for the screen capture by either the Spen or the Power+Home buttons is identical to the native screen resolution. This can not be changed. (Not by any regular means. You'd have to find a way to change the entire screen resolution of the tablet itself.)

That method of taking screenshots is no more or less than pressing Printscreen on a Windows computer. It's build into the firmware. (And like everything Touchwiz, it doesn't have settings).
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

121 posts
Thanks for the info. I was taking screenshots to post on the forum. The file sizes were so big that they could not be posted. I transferred those files to my Mac and used another application to reduce the resolution/size. Then, posted on this forum. I would be great if this could be done on the same device in less steps.
29th August 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #5  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 995

3,989 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercohen

Thanks for the info. I was taking screenshots to post on the forum. The file sizes were so big that they could not be posted. I transferred those files to my Mac and used another application to reduce the resolution/size. Then, posted on this forum. I would be great if this could be done on the same device in less steps.

You can do that. Install Quickpic (It's a gallery app, works much better than the stock gallery).

Open it, open the photo, hit the optionskey --> Edit --> Edit (the one with the quickpic logo) --> resize (the icon with the four arrows pointing to the center). Select a size and hit the checkmark at the top right. All done
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #6  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 191

835 posts
Yeah ShadowLea is right. Whether you use screen shot via the key combo or screen write using the pen stylus the resolution is the same. The images look different because the image is softened in screen write. One can only speculate why this is, my guess is it's probably too bring focus to the writing you're going to add on top of the capture. It's too bad this blur can't be disabled.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muzzy996 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread