Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Note pro 12.2 screen flickers

OP kidtkd73

13th January 2015, 06:02 PM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 3

32 posts
yes
I have performed this and can confirm the back comes off easily and the tablet still works with it removed. The black just seems to be extra protection for the mother board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete101

could i ask, when you take the back off i know the back side is faux leather but is the back side of that plastic as in non pourous?

reason i ask is my note pro heats up too much and it's widely known lithium ion hates high temperatures so i have strapped an icepack to the back of my note pro wrapped in 2 plastic bags to avoid the water condensation seaping through into the back of the case.. the faux leather feels porous as in water can be absorbed through but im not sure about the back side of the cover behind the faux leather.. if it's plastic non porous then the water won't go through even if there was any.. can you tell me if that's what it is like please? i can't tell from the video it's not clear.

last thing i want is water vapour seeping through the faux leather and going into the parts. it'll damage the tablet otherwise.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

could i ask, when you take the back off i know the back side is faux leather but is the back side of that plastic as in non pourous?

reason i ask is my note pro heats up too much and it's widely known lithium ion hates high temperatures so i have strapped an icepack to the back of my note pro wrapped in 2 plastic bags to avoid the water condensation seaping through into the back of the case.. the faux leather feels porous as in water can be absorbed through but im not sure about the back side of the cover behind the faux leather.. if it's plastic non porous then the water won't go through even if there was any.. can you tell me if that's what it is like please? i can't tell from the video it's not clear.

last thing i want is water vapour seeping through the faux leather and going into the parts. it'll damage the tablet otherwise.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

from what i can see from the video when you take the back cover off there is plastic on the inside but also black square parts which i can't tell of what material it's made of also a gold chip of some sort.. does the back cover contain any important contact points you can see that help make the tablet run or can it easily be started without the cover on?

reason i ask is i noticed some gold square chip and black sections of the back cover. could you do me a favor and take a photo of what the back cover looks like on the inside please? i'm trying to see if it will absorb through any water vapor if i attach the ice pack to the back (the ice pack is covered by 3 plastic bags but still some water vapor might seep through)

15th January 2015, 06:41 PM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs down second time to retailer
After replacing of full digitizer the flickering was still there. Today I returnerd my Galaxy Note 12.2 for the second time for repair. Nothing changed from first repair.
24th January 2015, 11:44 AM   |  #63  

2 posts
came back after second repair, now the replaced battery, did not tested yet.
26th January 2015, 01:16 PM   |  #64  

36 posts
So I returned my note pro and got a new one and now it has this screen flicker issue like this thread has suggested. I disabled gpu and hardware overlay and whatever it is called and video stops flickering can I ask what is actually causing it and why does disabling hardware overlay and forcing gpu rendering work?

Does anyone know the reasoning behind it? I know some like pete as hardware issue where thr cable at the back gets pressed on 'by the battery but does that apply to everyone?

Mine was manuactured I cannot tell but it still came with the original kitkat 4.4.2 and I heard updating the firmware stopped this issue for some but not others

Is it actually firmware or hardware or both?

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjo78

Thanksp you for the reply!

Hi the battery is one piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeSG...e_gdata_player

i used this video to findout about the battery

If you have warranty samsung might void the warrany for opening up the back. Idk.

My issue was pretty bad flickering.
I dont think all note 12.2 has the problem.
i think the battery housing that houses the 2 big battery cells are raised up too much.
i think it maybe the battery casing issue that creates undue pressure on ribbon cable connector.

Sorry as im not sure about other then badly flickering screen.
I just gathered bits of info from various posts on note 10.1, 12.2 etc.
Im not too keen with software side of things... just a diy-er. I love how xda community has so much support. Dating back to my s2, s3, note 2

Is there 2 batteries side by side when you open the note pro?

I cant tell what is the square thing on the left side is it another battery?
27th January 2015, 12:54 AM   |  #65  

36 posts
Does anyone know why disabling hardware overlay works?

I updated to the latest kitkat version of 4.4.2 but a new bug has come in where when i unlock thr screen it still is asleep and none of the apps icons work i just need to close screen again but it is annoying bug happened on the other 2 tablets i returned also on this latest version of firmware
27th January 2015, 07:14 AM   |  #66  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 213

909 posts
No it doesnt apply to everyone, my tablet just showed the issue again this past weekend and I tried pressing the back of the tablet to no avail. Disabling hardware overlay worked as expected. Eventually I did my typical fix of booting into custom recovery and clearing dalvic cache.

My theory is something eventually gets corrupted that is related to video playback via display drivers or something. This is for us xynos folks of course, who have flickering only during video playback (not flickering all of the time).

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
27th January 2015, 04:53 PM   |  #67  
Flag Glenpool

3 posts
More
I haven't sent my tablet in yet although better do it quick before warranty is out. My flickering gotnto the point of even when olugged in as soon as iy would boot uo in a few seconds flicker then reboot. And iy would keep cycling that way. NOW THE ONLY REASON I HAVENT I BECAUSE I HAVENT HAD ANY FLICKERING SINCE ACCIDENTALLY DROPPI NG MY TABLET. It was in the case so there wasn't any physical damage but since then no flickering and that happened approximately 2 weeks ago.
28th January 2015, 04:18 PM   |  #68  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 213

909 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1sprinkler

I haven't sent my tablet in yet although better do it quick before warranty is out. My flickering gotnto the point of even when olugged in as soon as iy would boot uo in a few seconds flicker then reboot. And iy would keep cycling that way. NOW THE ONLY REASON I HAVENT I BECAUSE I HAVENT HAD ANY FLICKERING SINCE ACCIDENTALLY DROPPI NG MY TABLET. It was in the case so there wasn't any physical damage but since then no flickering and that happened approximately 2 weeks ago.

That sounds like the cable issue that peterjo78 described earlier in this thread.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to muzzy996 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread