FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Q] Note pro 12.2 screen flickers

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kidtkd73, Junior Member on 1st August 2014, 11:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th June 2015, 06:18 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggmeister

is this something we can buy and do ourselves??

You don't need to change any part. If you have experienced these problems: flickering screen, battery's capacity fluctuation, auto shut down, auto reboot, quick discharge...etc.... all related to power, the only simple thing needed to do : re solder the battery connector. Any other solutions posted here won't fix a hardware problem: cracked battery connector solders.
You can verify this cracked battery connector by many ways:
1- When the screen is flickering: press on the back rear cover, near the center ( location of battery connector ), the problem will go away at that moment.
2-Slap on the back cover hard with your hand: your tablet will shut down immediately if it has a badly loose or cracked battery connector. This method won't work if the crack is not really bad. A bad one when you can move or lift it slightly with a screw driver or any other tools.
3- Inspect it under magnified glass or microscope, this one requires experiences or just simply push it slightly to right or left to see if it's moving, a bad one can be lifted easily.
The video on Youtube is no longer available because the poster may realize lifting the motherboard is only temporary close the gaps of cracked solders from battery connector.
This rework only takes under 5 minutes for who knows how to solder. Any repair shop can help you with little charge, all you need to do is to remove the back cover and ask someone to do the rework, no need the experience how to repair a Samsung tablet, even the experienced ones may not know how to fix this flickering problem.

When doing rework, add more solders as much as possible to secure the connector to mainboard, the reason: nothing to hold the mainboard along with the battery. The mainboard has only 3 screws to hold it at two speakers and it sit on top of the LCD, use your finger to push the mainboard at its' battery connector, you'll see it moves up and down easily. No matter how old your tablet is, sooner or later the battery connector will crack, especially if you have a habit to use it on your lap. To avoid this problem, I recommend a hard case cover should be used to minimize the movement of mainboard as it sits mainly on top of a flexible and fragile LCD assembly.
Last edited by Beut; 28th June 2015 at 07:25 AM.

28th June 2015, 01:27 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Must be firware related
I have terrible screen flickering at random times, and today even getting SD card unexpectedly removed errors. The flickering only started after Kitkat update. Also, after the flickering starts I have been getting problems with apps installed to SD card and copying files to SD card using MY files. Today is the first time I got the Unexpectedly removed error while using a Samsung card. I did have it before with a Sandisk card though. Maybe I'll try to return to original Android 4.3 firmware if I can.
28th June 2015, 05:41 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbouy

I have terrible screen flickering at random times, and today even getting SD card unexpectedly removed errors. .

Try different SD cards to see any differences. Flickering screen is not firmware problem to blame as many users already tried to root and the problem is the same.
Trust me, re solder the battery connector will resolve the problem. Post #74 and #100 are the confirmation of what was done to fix the flickering screen: Connector Header is the battery connector, it's not need to replace as re solder is sufficient to fix the loose connection.
In case if SD card reader slot needs to replace. It's easy to change, search Ebay for OEM-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-Pro-SM-P900-12-2-Replacement-Micro-SD-Card-Reader-
Last edited by Beut; 28th June 2015 at 06:05 PM.
29th June 2015, 02:10 AM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Still under warranty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beut

Try different SD cards to see any differences. Flickering screen is not firmware problem to blame as many users already tried to root and the problem is the same.
Trust me, re solder the battery connector will resolve the problem. Post #74 and #100 are the confirmation of what was done to fix the flickering screen: Connector Header is the battery connector, it's not need to replace as re solder is sufficient to fix the loose connection.
In case if SD card reader slot needs to replace. It's easy to change, search Ebay for OEM-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-Pro-SM-P900-12-2-Replacement-Micro-SD-Card-Reader-

Mine is under warranty, so I'll be sending it back to be fixed. They'd better fix it. Thanks though.

The SD cards can be trouble. I had the sandisk one and it wouldn't work in this or my s4 active, but works fine in my Galaxy s2. I bought samsung cards and they worked fine. Its only the last few days I'm having trouble. Maybe it is a broken SD card reader. That should be fixed as well under warranty hopefully?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread