[Q] Note pro 12.2 screen flickers

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kidtkd73, Junior Member on 1st August 2014, 11:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd July 2015, 08:23 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Saw the dreaded flicker today. ..battery was at 33%. Plugged it in to charge. I'll post any updates after charging.

15th August 2015, 04:22 PM |#122  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Hey guys my flickering has gotten worse and worse. My tablet is still under warranty through best buy I believe I'm just trying to figure out if I should get it replaced with warranty or just do the soldering myself. Does best buy give out refurbished units when doing warranty exchanges? For some reason I never have very good luck with refurbed devices? What do you guys think I assume I lose my warrant if I tear into it and solder. I'd like to root it but have not for warranty purposes. Also I hate to send it to Samsung and have it gone for a month just to get it back with the same problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
15th August 2015, 06:21 PM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brorex

Hey guys my flickering has gotten worse and worse. My tablet is still under warranty through best buy I believe I'm just trying to figure out if I should get it replaced with warranty or just do the soldering myself. Does best buy give out refurbished units when doing warranty exchanges? For some reason I never have very good luck with refurbed devices? What do you guys think I assume I lose my warrant if I tear into it and solder. I'd like to root it but have not for warranty purposes. Also I hate to send it to Samsung and have it gone for a month just to get it back with the same problem.

If you're still under warranty, you should send it back for repair. Be aware that Geek Squad at Best Buy is useless to fix your tablet, they will send it to a Samsung repair center for repair and pay the repair cost on your behalf, a fact most people don't know about it when bring laptops or tablets to Best Buy. If warranty covered by them, you don't have to pay, if it's not in warranty, you pay for the repair cost plus the bogus fee of middle man, they will act as if they actually repair your problem, the same as guys at Fry's Electronics. Anything other than computer, these guys won't be able to fix, simply because they don't have specialized skills and parts.
Private repair shops are the ones actually work on Samsung tablet but their source of parts is from Ebay or AliExpress.
Samsung repair centers actually are contractors provide services for Samsung tablets, they should know how to fix this problem now depending where you send your tablet ; if you want, be specific that battery connector should be fixed to solve this issue when creating a ticket of RMA.
Don't take an exchange because this problem exists in all Note Pro tablets regardless old or new, sooner or later, the battery connector will crack due to the mainboard sitting on a flexible LCD and frame ( this mainboard has only 3 screws to hold it, that's the reason. ) I see many users have this problem, even their tablets are only few months old. Refurbished are the worst as they are used one, did some checks and tests and ready for re sell.
Last edited by Beut; 15th August 2015 at 07:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2015, 06:48 AM |#124  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beut

If you're still under warranty, you should send it back for repair. Be aware that Geek Squad at Best Buy is useless to fix your tablet, they will send it to a Samsung repair center for repair and pay the repair cost on your behalf, a fact most people don't know about it when bring laptops or tablets to Best Buy. If warranty covered by them, you don't have to pay, if it's not in warranty, you pay for the repair cost plus the bogus fee of middle man, they will act as if they actually repair your problem, the same as guys at Fry's Electronics. Anything other than computer, these guys won't be able to fix, simply because they don't have specialized skills and parts.
Private repair shops are the ones actually work on Samsung tablet but their source of parts is from Ebay or AliExpress.
Samsung repair centers actually are contractors provide services for Samsung tablets, they should know how to fix this problem now depending where you send your tablet ; if you want, be specific that battery connector should be fixed to solve this issue when creating a ticket of RMA.
Don't take an exchange because this problem exists in all Note Pro tablets regardless old or new, sooner or later, the battery connector will crack due to the mainboard sitting on a flexible LCD and frame ( this mainboard has only 3 screws to hold it, that's the reason. ) I see many users have this problem, even their tablets are only few months old. Refurbished are the worst as they are used one, did some checks and tests and ready for re sell.

Do you know of anyone who has had the issue come back after getting it repaired?

16th August 2015, 07:27 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brorex

Do you know of anyone who has had the issue come back after getting it repaired?

Depending when they sent for repair, by now most will not return as they do repair correctly for this particular problem which exactly comes from battery connectors, the one soldered to mainboard and the one connected with cable.
Before, I saw many users return from the same problem after changing mainboard or LCD or battery.
Each service center is a different company who provides services for Samsung or others. For example , the one is in Texas is not the one in California or in New Jersey...etc,...
Depending where you send your tablet for service, the quality of repair may be different, simply Samsung has no direct relationship or control over those work directly on your tablets.
Service center is a contractor, and their techs sometimes are sub-contractors, temp hired for repair Samsung tablets.
I see the one comes back for repair as the one that battery connector was not fixed. Many users here fix this problem by themselves, but a majority never post back , they just do the HIT and RUN.
This user is an example, after 2 repairs, the last one they fixed correctly:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=100
After 2 visits to Samsung , my unit finally works fine.
Motherboard and LCD were changed first time. But issue persisted.
Second time, battery connector was replaced. Since then it has worked very very smoothly.
No crash. Hope this will help others. Bought a Logitech keyboard case, works wonderfully.

This user spent $30 and fixed it by himself:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4473418
Some people have said an electronics guy will do this for you for around $30. Well, I spent the $30 and did it myself. I want to thank the people for posting the solutions here as the soldering worked for me.
Last edited by Beut; 17th August 2015 at 03:57 AM.
2nd September 2015, 07:19 AM |#126  
Flag UmeŚ
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I just got my SM-P900 back from Samsung for the third time. This time, they resoldered the battery connector because I told them to. Obviously, during the first two repairs they weren't aware this is a standard issue with this unit. Hopefully, this last repair did the trick.

Skickat frŚn min SM-P900 via Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)